Name:    Password:    (Forgot password / username? / Create an account)
Forum index  > PlanetWars   >

End pw

Post comment

Pages: 1 2
54 posts, 986 views
NLrankSoldier[DE]Rick
35 months ago
Just end pw once next update is ready. Nothing is gonna happen anyway like this.
+0 / -0
ATrankNapoleonSkasi
35 months ago

Donator star
Should rounds automatically end after X turns? What makes you think an update is waiting? What makes you think an update will change things to the better? Do you only want the round to end because you did a big mistake?
+0 / -0
NLrankSoldier[DE]Rick
35 months ago
Well from what i read they are gonna change pw alot. Could be better or could be worse i dunno but atm its not good. Its gonna take a year like this to finish.
+0 / -0
CHrankNapoleon[V]sheep
35 months ago

Donator star
rick, once again I don't understand why you complain, since you are not playing I dont think you are qualified to request the end of the season. Well, the truth is, everybody understand why you would like the season to end now.

My advice to you is to take a screenshot of the galaxy...
+0 / -0
USrankAdminAntelope
35 months ago

Donator star
Because it's just freaking boring. I would be willing to concede victory to ANYONE if we could just declare it over. Cyber wins, ok? Let's start a new, more dynamic game now.
+0 / -0
USrankAdminJasper
35 months ago
YOu want PW to end turn off IP buying it will end within a few weeks then....
+0 / -0
NLrankSoldier[DE]Rick
35 months ago
1 problem: WE DONT WANT TO WAIT ANOTHER FEW WEEKS!!!!
+0 / -0
ATrankNapoleonSkasi
35 months ago

Donator star
Silly Rick, buy IP on all Empire planets, give them to Cyborgs and the round will end.
+0 / -0
NLrankSoldier[DE]Rick
35 months ago
I might actualy do that crazy idea.
+0 / -0
USrankAdminAntelope
35 months ago

Donator star
Sounds good to me.
+0 / -0
NLrankNapoleonBlackdutchie
35 months ago

He's doing exactly that.
GG everyone, traitors win.
+0 / -0
NLrankSoldier[DE]Rick
35 months ago
I need more money to buy all empire planets then i will end this crappy round. Just a few more battles ppl :)
+0 / -0
NLrankSoldier[DE]Rick
35 months ago
On a side note cybers got 63 planets and empire got 45 so you got 108 in total but you need 109 so cybers try get a extra planet somewhere except from empire.
+0 / -0
USrankAdminAntelope
35 months ago

Donator star
Lol Dutchie, looking at your user page reveals that you have played 10 games in the past 52 days.
+0 / -0
NLrankSoldier[DE]Rick
35 months ago
Blackdutchie you didnt even managed your planets for weeks. It was a pain to buy them all with ip so they atleast had some use. That pretty much lost us the round.
+0 / -0
NLrankSoldier[DE]Rick
35 months ago
Cybers if you got any credits send them to me i will buy ip with them and once i got all of empires planets i give them all to you + the credits i have left.
+0 / -0
USrankAdminJasper
35 months ago
I dont want to win like this unless all high elo (1600+) empire players really wants a new round.
+0 / -0
USrankNewbie[I]amNot[null]Bla1
35 months ago
A lot of changes can be made, like buffing pw defense. If thats to hard, look at my recommendations.. Simplify (or fix) pw money system. Just look through forums and google tickets. AT LEAST MAKE MENIAL FIX OF JUMPGATES WORKING WHEN THEY ARE DEAD!!!!

Sometimes I wonder what PW would be like if every faction WAS a faction. (so instead of fighting against Empire and use the exact same technology as empire has when they are your worst enemy, make every faction have its own set of units. They could just be the current units with different names and retextured models) That is just a fantasy, I doubt it'll ever come true, unless we had as many units as Tech Anni. But seems interesting.
+0 / -0
USrankSoldierTheDarkStar
35 months ago
I want a new round, this has been going on too long and clanstack makes it fail even more. Bugs need fixing and the system needs changes to allow for victory before the 1458th turn. (Yep, that's how long this has been going on)
+0 / -0
MYrankAdminKingRaptor
35 months ago

Donator star
>AT LEAST MAKE MENIAL FIX OF JUMPGATES WORKING WHEN THEY ARE DEAD!!!!
fixed (more than four days ago)
+0 / -0
AUrankAdminGoogleFrog
35 months ago

Donator star
Licho didn't post here >:|

I suggested he say something official instead of a player mess. I can say something less official just because I don't know Licho's coding timeframe. I think his plan is to restart PW when new mechanics etc... are done but I don't know when that is.
+0 / -0
USrankAdminJasper
35 months ago
Licho posted here http://zero-k.info/Forum/Thread/1686
+0 / -0
35 months ago
Here are my suggested changes to next PW.
* Defenses should have much less upkeep.

* They shouldn't get cleared after every battle, instead they should charge a rearming fee
* * The rearming fee gets cheaper per ship neutralized as you go up the defense levels.

With no defense, it should only take 1 ship to bombard (since lvl 1 defense requires 4 ships).
* Start battle on target planet
* * Lvl0 : 1 ship
* * Lvl1 : 4 ships
* * Lvl2 : 7 ships
* * Lvl3 : 10 ships (I don't think any jumpgate blocking is necessary, because no one is going to send 11 ships by jumpgate when there's many other planets they could get).

Sent ships against defenses
* Planet owner has to pay rearming fee
* Not enough ships to start a battle after 3 turns means that they will get cleared + rearming fee for planet owner.
* Rearming fee per ship should go up as you send more

My suggested formula for imba (better yet, all) games: [(losing elo average + number of players * 100)/(winning elo average + number of players * 100)] = IP/elo gain

In 1v1 games where elo difference is large (>50 or >100) and high elo player wins; make it so winning player gets little to nothing, and losing team gets alot, like difference between average elo of two players and huis elo.
+0 / -0
35 months ago
This probably doesn't belong here, but, what is clanstack? When you don't have clan tag so balance gets thrown off and no one knows its because of clans?
+0 / -0
USrankSoldierTheDarkStar
35 months ago
Clanstack is where several skilled players join the same clan and are always on the same team. See the [V] (Valhalla) clan.
+0 / -0
ATrankNapoleonSkasi
35 months ago

Donator star
olol V has skilled people?
+0 / -0
CHrankNapoleon[V]sheep
35 months ago

Donator star
no
+0 / -0
ATrankNapoleonSkasi
35 months ago

Donator star
Baaaa!
+0 / -0
NLrankSoldier[DE]Rick
35 months ago
V has above average skilled ppl thats enough to seriously fuck up the balance since the other ppl are usually 1400 elo...
+0 / -0
USrankSoldierTheDarkStar
35 months ago
Rick, you should give your 40 planets to Cybernetics.
+0 / -0
NLrankSoldier[DE]Rick
35 months ago
I need the income to buy the remaining planets.
+0 / -0
FIrankDude[ffc]killer
35 months ago
lol
+0 / -0
AUrankAdminSaktoth
35 months ago

Donator star
That is a crummy thing to do Rick. Especially after defecting from Cyber, buying up IP, asking the Devs to transfer BD's money to you etc. I do believe you when you say you weren't trying to sabotage us but this isn't how the round should end. If you're bored of playing, transfer your money and IP to someone who isn't.

It's okay, if we want to end this round and the major powers agree, we can just end it. You don't need to make any unilateral move.

AFAIC the next round of PW isn't ready. Licho's new proposal doesn't fix the key problems (IE imba games and idle players with heaps of cash + IP) and just shuffles around a bunch of peripheral stuff.
+0 / -0
CZrankAdminLicho
35 months ago

wtf are you talking about, new proposal specifically addresses those issues. Go read it and stop bitching around without information
+0 / -0
NLrankSoldier[DE]Rick
35 months ago
Most ppl want pw to end i even got ip and money from them.
+0 / -0
AUrankAdminSaktoth
35 months ago

Donator star
Oh, right there is a new wiki page up. I'm reading that now.

The LichoPW proposal was really sketchy on who 'leaders' are (or if they go inactive) and the balance was barely changed- and the faction composition/mercenary ratio/balance algorithm wasnt even mentioned.
+0 / -0
DErankSoldierNeonSturm
35 months ago
NeonStorm : !voteexit :P
NeonStorm : !vote 2
* PlanetWars option 1 has 0 of n votes, option 2 has 1 of n votes.

Going to enjoy the vote XD
+0 / -0
NLrankSoldier[DE]Rick
35 months ago
I hope next season will have a sell button
+0 / -0
ATrankNapoleonSkasi
35 months ago

Donator star
To sell what?
+0 / -0
NLrankNapoleonBlackdutchie
35 months ago

I am going to assume he means planet structures, so you can buy and sell jumpgates at will, as well as other imba shenanigans.
+0 / -0
ATrankNapoleonSkasi
35 months ago

Donator star
You can demolish them. Selling structures to players would be silly. It's already silly planets are per player. :P
+0 / -0
NLrankSoldier[DE]Rick
35 months ago
I mean sell = 50% of value in credits back and building gets destroyed.
+0 / -0
ATrankNapoleonSkasi
35 months ago

Donator star
Then you'd sell everything before a battle. Why should players get credits back for selling shit? PW should be more strategic and less tactical than ZK, not a clickfest.
+0 / -0
USrankAdminJasper
35 months ago
Destroyed is fine what would be nice is not being force to rebuild level 9 defence.
+0 / -0
NLrankSoldier[DE]Rick
35 months ago
Skasi i heard somewhere that making buildings when a battle on that planet is running crashes that battle. Essentialy making it the ultimate 'exploit' defence.

Simply fixing both problems by not allowing anything to be build or sold while a battle is taking place or will take place soon on that planet would solve all those 'exploits'.
+0 / -0
ATrankNapoleonSkasi
35 months ago

Donator star
"Then you'd sell everything before a battle." Lern 2 read.
+0 / -0
NLrankSoldier[DE]Rick
35 months ago
l2r my post...i already covered that...
+0 / -0
ATrankNapoleonSkasi
35 months ago

Donator star
If players are unable to sell shit while a battle is in progress, they sell structures before the battle starts. If players are unable to sell structures when the map is chosen, they sell structures before it is chosen. If players are unable to sell structures when ships were sent, they sell structures before ships are sent. If players are unable to sell structures as soon as ships can be sent (wormhole connection) the option would be kind of useless.

So.. no you didn't cover that.
+0 / -0
NLrankSoldier[DE]Rick
35 months ago
Anticipating a incoming attack and selling your stuff to reduce the damage you will take isnt wrong its skill.

Rules will be something like this:
-No selling or building during a battle
-No selling when a battle is about to start

+0 / -0
ATrankNapoleonSkasi
35 months ago

Donator star
Read through my post again, silly. Also what's "when a battle is about to start"?
+0 / -0
Pages: 1 2

Post comment