User:Shaman/Standard Tournament Etiquette
This is an attempt to create a standard rule set for tournaments and may not be final. Failure to follow these rules will result in you being banned from a number of tournaments in the future.
- Offer a sporting GG after a close match.
- Sign in before the start of a tournament.
Report the result of a match in #zktourney- No longer necessary
- Switch maps to an appropriate map in a timely manner, in event of a fixed map pool.
- Have fun!
- Be a sore winner or loser. Mild banter is acceptable so long as you don't make anyone feel unwelcome.
- Spam #zktourney
- Post unrelated topics in #zktourney during tournaments. (Before/After tournaments is fine, I just want to have chat clear is all so I can read stuff easier)
- Be unreasonably late. (This will disqualify you)
AFK during the tournament. (Unless you're waiting for a match or in-game). You will have 5 minutes after a ping to respond or you will be dropped.This has been mostly resolved with the new tournament controller stuff. It's still disrespectful to your opponent/allies and is discouraged.
- Force your teammates to not play. (EG: force them to play commshare and deny them the ability to play)
- Drag games on needlessly. For example:
- Bury your remaining units
- Spam razors to force your opponents to kill them off.
- Opponents may report this behavior in #zktourney and I will resolve this.
Major infractions will be forwarded to admins for review.