Commanders are now more powerful and rush-resistant in the early game with a better Peashooter and more health. The health buff is reduced at higher levels and turned into a nerf if you stack too many speed modules. Commanders also have a stealth buff with the Racketeer cost increase.
There are many interface features/fixes in this version with the most noticeable being the new tab playerlist. The layout of the playerlist is still a work in progress. Recent work outside the game has been on getting planetwars running as well as a singleplayer galactic conquest campaign.
* Increased Peashooter DPS by 14%. * Peashooter is now better at hitting raiders. * Starting health increased by ~800. This increase is reduced to ~400 by level 6. Details below. * Speed module (+10% speed) now costs 100 health.
Base health per level before the change:
* Strike: 2500 - 2500 - 3000 - 4000 - 5000 - 6000 * Recon: 1650 - 1650 - 2100 - 2600 - 3100 - 3600 * Support: 2000 - 2000 - 2500 - 3000 - 3700 - 4500 * Guardian: 3000 - 3000 - 3800 - 4900 - 6000 - 7200
Base health per level after the change:
* Strike: 3200 - 3200 - 3800 - 4600 - 5500 - 6400 * Recon: 2400 - 2400 - 2800 - 3200 - 3600 - 4000 * Support: 2800 - 2800 - 3400 - 3800 - 4500 - 5000 * Guardian: 3600 - 3600 - 4400 - 5500 - 6600 - 7600
* Cost 350 -> 380
* Now run out of range of short ranged turrets (not by default, since they are set to hold position and have tactical AI disabled by default). * The @Xivender thing should now be fixed thanks to an engine change by @hokomoko
Reef and Shogun
* Footprint size 4x4 -> 10x10. This should make them less intimate with terrain and each other.
Heavy Tank Factory:
* Unfurls 4x faster to bring it in line with other factories.
* EMP and disarm now interrupt cluster bomb dropping (similar to Thunderbird).
* Slightly higher aim point. It is a little easier to hit.
Text to speech:
* Disabled by default (volume is set to zero). * Disables itself during catchup.
Controls and hotkeys:
* Added binding for clear map marks. * Removed Tab overlay hotkey. * Tab now opens the new playerlist. * Added another way to set terraform height. Hold Alt and click/scroll the mousewheel while placing a structure to set height. * Reenabled hold to terraform structure by default. * Enabled factory production hotkeys by default. * Enabled safe alt factory queue insert by default.
Panels and layout:
* No storage energy warning now flashes on energy stall as well as excess. * Fixed space+click on factory failing to bring up unit info. * Fixed missing tooltip during structure placement. * Left click to select on minimap setting is now remembered correctly.
* Improved terraform construction point visuals. Construction points now draw as icons that represent the type of terraform command corresponding to the point. * Changed 'self' teamcolour from teal to green to aid recognition. * Improved and moved some ally team colours. * Improved performance of overhead icons, command drawing and certain wobbly sphere visuals (shield and singu). * Singularity Reactor is now more shiny.
* Very easy chickens is now easier. * Added a modoption to make water level control easier with options Manual, Dry and Flooded. The Dry and Flooded options automatically turn the map into a land or sea map respectively.
Notable Menu Changes
* Updated Circuit AI. * Fixed various settings failing to apply, such as camera scroll speed and map drag speed.
* Removed some unused buildpics to save on filesize. * Fixed a bug in which constructors are unable to repair while stalling high priority metal. * Fixed wonky landing pad turn rates. * Fixed Krow cluster bomb tag for AIs.