Many people are concerned by Defender so here is a test with a Defender that cost 120 metal, up from 80 metal (the image above is a tiny bit exaggerated). Is it still useful? What does the game look like? Play to find out.
Mostly we are working on fixes and polish. In particular, the settings menu is in the process of becoming much friendlier. @CrazyEddie has embarked upon the task of improving the statistics graph and now it can be shown in the middle of the game with Alt+F1.
* Fixed Scorcher suicidal behaviour. * Remove flamer/gauss bonus damage vs features. * Lightning weapons with a normal damage component now deals the correct damage to wrecks (previously it dealt no damage).
* Improved Tiamat, White Dragon and grounded Queen behaviour. * Fixed many projectile lights. * Roc/queen flying animations make more sense. * Speed up Wurm movement animation
* Endgame graphs can now be disabled during the game with the hotkey Alt+F1. * Fixed multiple endgame graph bugs and polish issues. * Remove Units Built/Killed/Lost
Time, death, squad and gather wait are now bindable through the hotkeys menu. These are commands that behave similarly to the normal wait command but which will remove themselves when certain conditions are met.
* Time wait is removed after a set amount of time. * Death wait is removed if all the targeted units are dead. * Squad wait is removed once enough units with squad wait reach the waypoint, so a factory can be queued to send squads of 4 units. * Gather wait is perhaps the most useful, it causes your units to wait until all the recipients of the command reach their waypoint.
Main menu settings are now much clearer.
* Removed the Game submenu, the options from that menu are now mostly under Settings/Hotkeys and Settings/Unit Behaviour. * Replaced the advanced settings toggle on the menu window with a simple settings toggle, default enabled. This shows a significantly cut down menu which is to be populated with only the most generally relevant settings (still WIP). * Advanced mode can be enabled through Settings/Misc. * Applied some polish to the main menu in the form of spacing fixes and consistent button sizes. Also removed the "..." and the redundant tooltip from the submenu buttons.
* Factories default to selection rank 3. * Economy panel metal bar flash is now grey instead of red when full or near full. * Remove "Trainer" from trainer comm names
* Fix Bantha missiles. * Fixed an idle builder selection bug. * Fixed an issue with issuing wait commands to moving units. * Chat backlog is no longer ignores the setting that determines whether it is open at the start of the game. * Fixed Panther death explosion. * Resurrected units with 'inherit' start states now inherit from the default of their usual factory instead of from the unit that resurrected them. * Fixed some command insert issues. * Skydust now terraforms at height zero. This allows structures to be queued for construction of cliffsides (but not yet with all Skydust methods). * Going AFK with AI allies no longer forfeits your income. * Fixed unit marker to use AI name. * Fixed a bug with setting resource reserve. * Fixed jumpjets for underground units.