In registering an account and playing Zero-K, some identifying information is stored on the server database. The following is a non-exhaustive list of the information collected and stored by the Spring engine and Zero-K development teams for each account.
* User name * First and last login date * Chatlogs from public channels * Forum posts (incl. edit history) * Friend and ignoree lists * IP addresses * History of game matches played online (including the full setup, results, ingame actions over time, and chat including ingame PMs)
Visible to administration only:
* client software used * login dates other than first and last * MAC address hash * History of abuse reports (both sent and received) * History of moderator/administrator action concerning the account * account renames
Stored, but not visible to anyone:
* password * offline private messages (deleted after delivery) * forum reading history
This information is used to provide services such as:
- Replay hosting and discussion
- Persistent game elements (e.g. player level, unlocks)
- Conversation following for users
- Moderator/administrator action in the event of disputes or misconduct
Most of this information is made public and visible to other users. Moderation/administration records and a number of game details are visible only to moderators and administrators. Forum reading history and password hashes are not visible except to the core development team.
By using the Zero-K game server and/or site features, you consent to the collection of this data in the manner and for the purpose described above.