"new zk build has delicious balance... it feels wonderfull to play the game" - Kyubey
The main purpose of this release is to broaden Vehicle play to units beyond the Scorcher and to fix Panther. With a range reduction it is much less able to kite raiders, forcing the Vehicle player to invest in other counters. Panther has been significantly reworked because the unit was never well designed in the first place.
Feedback on these changes has been good so it is time for a release! Panther may not be done but it is a lot better than it was before.
* Range 310 -> 270 * Heatrays are more intelligent, when targeting they have an increased bias towards closer targets.
* Reload time 2 -> 1.8 s * Speed 2 -> 2.2 * Impulse 0.5 -> 0.6
Panther. Reverted to old version as base for the following changes:
* Speed 3.9 -> 3.7 * Damage 160 -> 220 * EMP damage 800 -> 500 * Reload time 2 -> 3 * Has a death explosions with 256 AoE and 600 EMP damage
* Initial impact AoE 72 -> 128 (to match ground burn AoE) * Projectile speed 320 -> 400
* Damage 400 -> 430, this makes it 1 shot Mexes, Scorcher and itself.
* Range 700 -> 420
Light Particle Beam
* Damage 40 -> 41 - now one-shots Fleas * Range 385 -> 330 * Cost 100 -> 50
* Damage 180 -> 405 - one-shots Ducks * Reload time 1.2 -> 2.7
* Range 400 -> 450 * Reload time 1.5 -> 1.40625
* Real damage 250 -> 225
* Comm literal nametags can be turned off in options * Edge Extension: Brightness can be configured when using realistic texture
* Fixed incorrect display of unit names in tooltip with non-English languages * Fixed Core Selector buttons doing things even if moused was moved off button and released * Wind output is displayed in the tooltip during placement. * Added a numerical metal point display option.
* New weapon sounds for Scallop as well as Commander HMG and Shotgun (thanks Superintendent). * New commander under attack siren sound. * Unit selection, order received and commander under attack volumes are configurable through the menu.
* Clam renamed to Conch * Fixed Hermit being referred to by its old name in Spider Factory helptext