What is Planetwars?
Planetwars is an online campaign in which give individual Zero-K battles greater context as factions vie for control of the galaxy. At any time, players can see map of galaxy on the web, decide where to attack and what to do with their planets.
Players primarily take part by fighting Zero-K battles to attack or defend a planet. These battles are 2v2 or 3v3 with participation based on who is around at the time. So be warned, there is no elo balance. This makes Planetwars act like a long tournament in some ways so expect it to be competitive.
A level of at least 10 is required to play Planetwars. This is to prevent account abuse and to save brand new players from a competitive environment before they are prepared. However do not be worried as a new player playing Planetwars. If you like small teamgames and are willing to learn your fellow faction members are sure to teach you. It is in their interest to have a large skilled faction.
Attacking and Defending
Main article: PlanetWars attack
- The Planetwars tab in Chobby shows which faction currently needs to attack or defend.
- In the Planetswars tab, planets which are recommended to be attacked are shown as buttons. Click the button to sign up for the battle.
- When in the battle try to find and destroy your opponent's Command Center. It is especially important to destroy if you are losing.
- When your faction can attack you can choose a particular planet by selecting it on the main page and clicking "ATTACK PLANET".
- Defend your planets if they are attacked otherwise the other faction is awarded an automatic victory.
- Infrastructure can be disabled during the battle.
Influence and Conquest
Main article: PlanetWars influence
- Each faction has an influence score on each planet.
- Influence gain is determined by the outcome of an invasion.
- The faction with the most influence on a planet controls it.
- The player who fought the hardest for the planet, and/or has the least existing planets, owns the captured planet.
- Planets project Influence through wormhole links for their owner.
Initiative and Turns
Main article: PlanetWars initiative
- Factions can attack when they have the initiative.
- Turns progress when an invasion occurs.
Main article: PlanetWars ships
- Dropships increase Influence gains.
- Bombers destroy infrastructure and Influence from orbit.
- Warp Cores can send dropships or bombers deep into enemy territory.
Planetary Infrastructure and Artefacts
Main article: PlanetWars structures
- Develop your infrastructure to provide functions such as producing bombers and dropships or defending planets from attack.
- Some planets already start with aliens and artefacts. Each planet starts with a wormhole.
- Structures can be disabled in battle or destroyed by bomber attacks.
Main article: PlanetWars economy
- Metal income is 100 per turn spread between the players involved in an invasion.
- Metal is required to construct buildings, energy is required to run them.
- Elect economic leaders to pool everyone's resources for expensive structure.
Roles and Quota
Main article: PlanetWars faction roles
- Elect leaders to manage economy and military by a vote.
- Leaders can appoint managers to help them.
- Leaders have increased access to the faction's resources.
Main article: PlanetWars events
- Events allow players to track the activities within the galaxy.
Main article: PlanetWars factions
- The factions have a long and dynamic history built up over many rounds of Planetwars.