OR  Zero-K Name:    Password:   

"Unit composition" for porc

18 posts, 353 views
Post comment
Filter:    Player:  
sort

DErankTopkack
16 days ago
Idea: turn stingers reload into a charge-up mechanic, getting rid of the alpha and making it less of an allrounder while not nerfing its dps.
+0 / -0

DErankTopkack
16 days ago
Who ran zone?
+0 / -0

ATrankSkasi
16 days ago
I don't think Stinger can be considered an allrounder. Just kill it with a Flea or a Glaive, pff.
+0 / -0

USrankOflameo
16 days ago
That would make Stingers too close to Gausses which is in the same price range.
+0 / -0

ATrankSkasi
16 days ago
(edited 16 days ago)

Oh since we're talking about Stinger, make its predicted shot shoot at where it will definitely hit the current target.

In this example, where the circle is a fast unit and the arrow the direction its moving, make HLT shoot the GREEN dot instead of the current RED dot. There's no reason to be shooting the red dot. I understand why it's done technically, but the logic behind it is fault and doesn't make any sense. The green dot is a far better point to be shooting.
+0 / -0

GBrank[Fx]Drone
16 days ago
(edited 16 days ago)

Stinger should be an alternating twin barrel laser beam turret with a shorter reload time and slightly less damage, also change the laser to green while youre at it ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
+4 / -0

FIrank[XIV]Floris
15 days ago
and that sounds a bit like "gaat gaat!" when it shoots
+0 / -0

DErankAdminmojjj
15 days ago
Strange that noone demanded leveler sidearm yet.
+1 / -0

DErankCaptainKlutz
15 days ago
Obviously, we need a turret with a leveler sidearm as its weapon! Fill in the gap between stardust and DDM ;)
+0 / -0

AUrankAdminGoogleFrog
14 days ago
What exactly is a charge up mechanic? If it is like the Void Ray in Starcraft II what is to stop you from force firing the ground to maintain full charge? I have thought a bit about charge up mechanics and I don't think anything standard that I thought of would fit. I don't want to open the can of worms that is weapons which care about the identity of their targets. Currently it doesn't matter what a weapon is firing at once it is allowed to fire (weapons can't target arbitrary points in space, AA can't attack ground units).
+0 / -0

AUrank4hundred
14 days ago
Drone, that would suck, half the fun is distracting the stinger shot and manuevering around before it recharges, micro timing, else you may aswell make it a super llt.
+0 / -0

DErankTopkack
14 days ago
With charge up i mean reverse reload, stinger needs to aim for 5 seconds before it can fire its first shot
+0 / -0

AUrankAdminGoogleFrog
13 days ago
What does it need to aim at for 5 seconds?
+0 / -0

ATrankSkasi
13 days ago
Just replace "aim for 5s" with "warm up for 5s" or like Topkack already said "charge up".
+0 / -0

AUrankAdminGoogleFrog
13 days ago
Does it have to aim in a fixed directly for 5 seconds or are unit targets somehow special? If it switches targets does it need to re-warm up for 5 seconds?
  • If not then it should aim at the ground for 5 seconds before the target comes into range.
  • If so then it should aim at the back of a pack of units because it is better for it to aim at enemies that are occluded by other enemies. Alternately it should predict where the enemy will be in 5 seconds and aim at the ground.

+0 / -0

GBrankLynx
13 days ago
(edited 13 days ago)

I like the idea of the frightening single shot, slow fire gun. A dramatic and terrifying charge up sound and BOOM, any moving target obliterated.
+0 / -0

DErankkatastrophe
13 days ago
Have you tried Dante?
+0 / -0

EErankAdminAnarchid
13 days ago
quote:
I like the idea of the frightening single shot, slow fire gun. A dramatic and terrifying charge up sound and BOOM, any moving target obliterated.

Also it should have red color. And look like a scorpion tail. And be called Obelisk of Light.
+0 / -0