Welcome to Zero-K
- Epic Scale from tiny flea-bots to huge mechs and gigantic superweapons that wreak havoc - hundreds or thousands of units on the battlefield, all easily viewable with a fully pannable and zoomable camera.
- Realistic Physics mean each shot is physically simulated realtime - you can actually evade bullets if you micro-manage your units! Hills and terrain affect line of sight and radar coverage, and explosions deform the terrain.
- Planet Wars lets you take control of your own planet and fight for survival in an ongoing online campaign!
- Natural Balance allows units to depend on their natural characteristics and the benefits of the simulated environment, not contrived special damages to determine their effectiveness.
- Terraforming - change the terrain: walls, ditches, ramps and more, to provide yourself with an extra tactical advantage.
- Unique Abilities make sure units are fun to use! From jump-jets, gravity turrets, mobile shields, burning napalm, air drops, commander morphs, EMP, minelayers, burrowers, replicators, and teleporters - we've got it all and more!
- Streamlined Economy - the economic system is complex without being tedious, with a simple interface and controls. Resources are unlimited and output can be scaled up as the game progresses, allowing for increasingly intense battles. The system is also designed to minimize slippery slope and allow skilled players to make comebacks from losing positions.
There are many even more amazing features, but listing them isn't as fun as trying them out yourself, so visit our Downloads page!
Zero-K is made by the players, for the players. All the game developers are active and experienced players. Balance and fun are assured.
Campaign Week 5 - Hovercraft and Amphibious Bots
Zero-K is doing well on itch.io, we were entered into the featured list and are doing well in popularity. We are still low on ratings so get an account and rate our page at https://zerok.itch.io/zero-k if you have not yet done so.
Shield visuals have finally been rewritten in LUPS. These shields have a much lower performance drain and, while they may look a bit basic looking at the moment, the change will allow us to further improve their visuals in the future.
Dominatrices now inflict 95% capture progress on their subordinates when they die, making the newly freed units easy to recapture by any surviving Dominatrix.
Tweaked Racketeer missile physics to make it take about 10% longer to hit its target. This is intended to make Racketeer less effective at nullifying bombers.
Centralized commander shield positions. Convict and Thug shields are 18 elmos higher.
Structures can no longer teleport (nobody noticed that they could).
Zero-K itch.io release
How does this affect those here? Many reading this already have Zero-K. Well, itch.io is potentially a way to gain players but it takes a little interaction on our part. If people could
- Create itch account and rate or review our itch page,
- Refer friends/strangers via our itch page,
- Generally be whatever a "Mobilized Fanbase" is,
Campaign Week 4 - Rover, Faraday and Puppy
Alongside the mission releases is a new Zero-K version, with the most notable change being new models Rover and Tank factories. With this change all factories are now impossible to block with a single poorly placed structure or piece of terrain.
The menu has also received a much-needed rework of its download UI and the backend has been switched to wrapper-based downloads, which should fix server and corruption issues.
- Added team mode for simple teamcolours, defaults to automatically enable in missions and free-for-all. When enabled, it makes all enemies on the same team share the same colour. Will be useful in team FFA.
- Default hotkeys for hide interface and hide healthbars are now more obscure, for safety. The new hotkeys are Ctrl+F5 and Ctrl+F9 respectively.
- Improved context-sensitive commands for constructors. Right clicking on an enemy will issue a move command, not a reclaim command. Right clicking on a damaged friendly constructor or factory will issue a guard command, not a repair command.
- Factories now default to selection rank 2.
- Fixed Strider Hub and Airpad selection rank.
- Added zoom in/out to misc hotkeys menu (for the default camera).
- Added hotkeys for Newton firezone settings.
- Disable automatic commander selection at the start of campaign battles.
- Made Gunship Plant easier to select.
In addition to the six new missions there have been tweaks and fixes based on previous weeks feedback:
- Added the Stats tab to campaign options which contains some information about your progress. Restarting the campaign may be required to make these stats completely correct.
- Reworked the layout of the planet invasion screen to make it fit on small monitors. Also added font size scaling.
- Made the Sling missions easier on non-brutal difficulties to better match the difficulty of nearby missions.
- Felon, Rackteer and Snitch missions are easier on easier difficulties. This is mostly achieved by giving the player more base defense and the enemies less early economy.
- Fixed the Snitch mission win condition.
- Fixed zoom to commander detection in Mission 0.
- Removed the link between the Stinger and Rogue missions.
- Added the eight maps required to instantly start playing singleplayer to the initial wrapper download.
- Rewrote the download tab UI. It looks much more reasonable and now supports actions such as canceling and reordering downloads.
- Replaced the download backend with a wrapper-based system. The new backend is strict about avoiding partial or corrupt downloads. It is also not dependent on the uptime of any one mirror.
- Removed the erroneous automatic download of several maps which are used for hidden missions.
- Updated Brutal circuit.
- Hide the Developer area of the Settings menu unless devmode.txt is placed in the root directory.
- Fixed units getting stuck when inside a resurrected wreck.
- Fixed COFC not zooming to startbox on commander selection.
- Fixed broken rendering of certain units nanoframes.
- Updated LoS loadscreen.
- Fixed a command menu crash.
- Added a more interesting Scorpion wreck.
- Fixed Dominatrix <-> defense ranges interaction.
Campaign Week 3 - Shieldbots and Zero-K v18.104.22.168
Post feedback here: http://zero-k.info/Forum/Thread/24441
- 'Buffed' by raising its aim point by 10 elmos. Now it aims from the extended position of its missile launcher. It is technically now able to shoot over allies, wrecks and reclaims in more situations.
- Fixed 'The Slasher Bug' (in the engine, applies when the engine is updated in the next few days). This also affects other units on Attack Move.
- Dagger now pathfinds like a 2x2 unit (previously it thought it was 3x3).
- Increased the footprints of Lance and Mace from 3x3 to 4x4. Might reduce Lance teamkill
- Extended the Hovercraft factory to fix factory blocking, similarly to Shieldbot and Cloakbot factory.
- Added Impulse Mode preset to Settings/Hotkeys/Commands.
- Added an option to filter out ally commands in show all commands.
- Improved manual fire tooltip.
- Improved state toggle consistency. All grey icons now use the same grey.
- Fixed Shogun wake.
- Added a drone construction toggle state.
- Improved retreat state tooltip.
- Fixed Avalanche version on the Gremlin mission.
- Adjusted the Phantom mission. The enemies now make Thug and Felon to encourage Phantom use. Added some terraforming to fix the maps poor pathfinding.
- Added enemies that drop in midway through the Stinger/Stardust mission to increase the challenge later into the mission.
- Made the Knight/Windgen mission more difficult on harder difficulty levels.
- Hide chat box until it is first opened.
- Fixed a case where the commander tab could fail to highlight.
RSS feed | news archive