Drive giant robots, build an army of a thousand Fleas, move mountains if needed, bury the enemy at all cost!
- Real time strategy.
- Physically simulated units and projectiles.
- Terrain manipulation.
- 100+ varied units with unique abilities.
- Singleplayer campaign.
- Challenging, non-cheating AI.
- Multiplayer 1v1 - 16v16, FFA, coop.
- Multiplayer online campaign.
- Really free, no in-game currency, no unfair multiplayer.
Fully Utilized Physics
Simulated unit and projectile physics is used to a level rarely found in a strategy game.
- Use small nimble units to dodge slow moving projectiles.
- Hide behind hills that block weapon fire, line of sight and radar.
- Toss units across the map with gravity guns.
- Transport a battleship to a hilltop - for greater views and gun range.
Manipulate the Terrain
The terrain itself is an ever-changing part of the battlefield.
- Wreck the battlefield with craters that bog down enemy tanks.
- Dig canals to bring your navy inland for a submarine-in-a-desert strike.
- Build ramps, bridges, entire fortress if you wish.
- Burn your portrait into continental crust using the planetary energy chisel.
Singleplayer Campaign and Challenging AI
Enjoy many hours of single player and coop fun with our campaign, wide selection of non-cheating AIs and a survival mode against an alien horde.
- Explore the galaxy and discover technologies in our singleplayer campaign.
- Face a challenging AI that is neither brain-dead nor a clairvoyant cheater.
- Have some coop fun with friends, surviving waves of chicken-monsters.
- Cloaking? Resurrection? Tough choices customizing your commander.
Casual and Competitive Multiplayer
Zero-K was built for multiplayer from the start, this is where you can end up being hooked for a decade.
- Enjoying epic scale combat? Join our 16v16 team battles!
- Looking for a common goal? Fight AIs or waves of chicken-monsters.
- Prefer dancing on a razor's edge? Play 1v1 in ladder and tournaments.
- Comebacks, betrayals, emotions always running high in FFA.
- Want to fight for a bigger cause? Form a clan and join PlanetWars, competitive online campaign with web-game strategic elements, diplomacy and backstabbing.
Power to the People
We are RTS players at heart, we work for nobody. We gave ourselves the tools we always wanted to have in a game.
- Do what you want. No limits to camera, queue or level of control.
- Paint a shape, any shape, and units will move to assume your formation.
- Want to spend more time on tactics? Use construction priorities.
- Want to focus on economy? Order units to kite, strafe or zig zag bullets.
Plenty of Stuff to
Zero-K is a long term project and it shows, millions hours of proper multiplayer testing and dozens of people contributing ever expanding content.
- Learn to use all of our 100+ units and play on hundreds of maps.
- Invent the next mad team-tactics to shock enemies and make allies laugh.
- Combine cloaking, teleports, shields, jumpjets, EMP, napalm, gravity guns, black hole launchers, mind control and self-replication.
- Tiny flea swarm that clings to walls?
Jumping "cans" with steam-spike?
Buoys that hide under water to ambush ships?
Mechs that spew fire and enjoy being tossed from air transports?
Carrier with cute helicopters?
Jumping Jugglenaut with dual wielding gravity guns?
Meet them in Zero-K!
The benchmarking from last week successfully found an effect and we'd like everyone (around 100 people) who submitted a benchmark. The one-click benchmark has been changed to compare the old and new engine versions.
- Lobster now adjusts its trajectory against particularly high or low targets for more consistent lobbing.
- Commander heatray no longer fails to gain damage with range modules.
- Bandit unit AI now skirmishes against more targets.
- Artemis missiles now cost 80 metal each (up from being free).
- Widow no longer fires at radar dots by default.
- Fixed small hovercraft sometimes failing to leave their factory automatically.
- Blocked gunship direct control exploit.
- Fixed dive bomber performance impact when diving many shields.
- Fixed Mearth.
- Fixed occasional random reordering of matchmaker queues.
If you are the kind of person who does not use their computer while sleeping then consider running a benchmark and submitting the results to help us out.
Zero-K v22.214.171.124 - Kodachi rework and miscellaneous buffs
A miscellaneous assortment of lackluster units from other factories have received buffs, to compensate for all this attention on Tanks. On the more technical side of things, we have made changes to the handling of dropped players. As always, there are many minor bug fixes, and this time, two major ones relating to Puppy and Widow.
- Health 750 -> 860
- Speed 3.65 -> 4
- Turn rate 750 -> 880
- Autoheal 15 -> 12
- Reload time 6s -> 4.2s
- Main gun damage 150 -> 70
- Afterburn time 5s -> 2s
- Ground fire DPS 25 -> 36
- Ground fire Duration 13.3s -> 16s
- Range 225 -> 175
- AoE 192 -> 216
- Weapon velocity 700 -> 800
- Weapon gravity 1.5 -> 0.1
- Turret yaw rate 500 -> 900 rad/s
- Turret pitch rate 150 -> 400 rad/2
- Added overkill prevention of 125 damage.
This is a significant rework, and makes Kodachi one of the fastest raiders. Its increased speed and health is offset by its lower range and significantly reduced damage against fast targets, which is about only 130 against a moving raider. It still one-shots metal extractors, but not Lotus. Kodachi should now be much worse against raiders, but much more able to pick its battles.
- Reverted to the slowbeam version
- Main gun rotates at 2/3 speed
- Slowbeam rotates at 1/2 speed
- Weapon velocity 310 -> 270
- Slowbeam damage 600 -> 1500
- Slowbeam reload time 1s -> 2.5s
- Speed 2.05 -> 1.9
The single-weapon Cyclops was insufficiently awesome. This is the previous Cyclops with a higher alpha slowbeam and worse movement and aiming speeds.
- Cost 340 -> 320
- Health 840 -> 1040
- Range 660 -> 680
- Flight time 4.5s -> 4s
- Improved its ability to shoot up cliffs.
People are using Lobsters to attack from sea cliffs, but are they using Lobster enough?
- Speed 6.5 -> 6.9
- DPS increased 9.8%
- Fire arc 135 -> 160 degrees
Locust generally feels terrible to use, because it has very little DPS and most AA has a lot of range. The increased speed should make it better at raiding, but even with increased DPS a single Locust still loses to a Lotus.
- Emissary is supposed to not be able to move while firing, this has been fixed. When moving shortly after firing it takes a 75% speed penalty until its gun is stowed.
- Sling cost 130 -> 110.
- Likho rearm time 30s -> 20s.
- Crab armour bonus 66% -> 75%. This is consistent with all other armoured units.
- Artemis Health 1570 -> 3200.
- Dominatrix no longer loses speed while turning.
Apart from the Emissary nerf, these are buffs to units which have felt lackluster for a while.
- Claymore projectiles no longer overshoots. This affects two cases; force fire, and cases in which the target dies before impact.
- Gauss now floats when resurrected in the sea.
- Nuke silos now prepare themselves for launch whenever at least one missile is stockpiled. This makes for greater responses, and allows opponents to scout whether a nuke is stocked.
- Chickens now have sonar and can see underwater
- Chickens no longer have speed penalties on sea
- Melee chickens now move on the ocean floor.
- Greater Spire is now even greater.
- Added infinite mode as an Adv. Option. The queen never spawns and waves come forever.
- Ripper, Ogre and Cyclops now ignore terrain when told to Force Fire the ground. This makes it easier to use their smoothing effects to level the ground.
- Bound Missile Silo "Select Missiles" command to D.
- Resign vote button is now only clickable by voting players.
- Added an option to colour label text green in the chat console.
- Recieving units from dropped or AFK allies is now opt-in. A window prompting players to take control of the units appears on the edge of the screen when required.
- Put a bound on the size of the metal icons for ludicruisly high income metal spots.
Improved win by default (due to disconnection) system.
- Consider players with a ping > 10 seconds as disconnected.
- Pause the game when the entire enemy team disconnects.
- Quit to menu no longer resigns.
- Ensure that the Wait-or-Win window stays in front of the rest of the UI.
- Fixed short ranged weapons being unable to hit a few structures from certain angles. The notable case is Widow vs. Anti-nuke.
- Fixed an exploit with Puppy that let it fire multiple times.
- Fixed collision detection, units that collide with wrecks or other units now do a proper amount of damage. However, collision velocities are a bit jankier.
- Fixed a terraform crash in large games.
- Fixed a Djinn crash.
- Fixed some shader errors.
- Fixed a case in which economy panel could misattribute wasted resources while spectating.
- Fixed a bug with key modifiers and selecting units in the Strider Hub.
- Fixed a rare error with manual fire weapons.
- Fixed some wonky interactions with selection modifiers for spectators when selecting units from multiple teams.
- Fixed disruptor bomb friendly fire when the thrower dies before impact.
- Fixed a rare shield error.
- Fixed Swift blocking plane factories.
- Fixed Mearth.
- Fixed a legacy AI issue.
3v3 Tournament October 27th 2018
You can find more information and sign up on the dedicated forum thread. Good luck and have fun!
RSS feed | news archive