Drive giant robots, build an army of a thousand Fleas, move mountains if needed, bury the enemy at all cost!
- Real time strategy.
- Physically simulated units and projectiles.
- Terrain manipulation.
- 100+ varied units with unique abilities.
- Singleplayer campaign.
- Challenging, non-cheating AI.
- Multiplayer 1v1 - 16v16, FFA, coop.
- Multiplayer online campaign.
- Really free, no in-game currency, no unfair multiplayer.
Fully Utilized Physics
Simulated unit and projectile physics is used to a level rarely found in a strategy game.
- Use small nimble units to dodge slow moving projectiles.
- Hide behind hills that block weapon fire, line of sight and radar.
- Toss units across the map with gravity guns.
- Transport a battleship to a hilltop - for greater views and gun range.
Manipulate the Terrain
The terrain itself is an ever-changing part of the battlefield.
- Wreck the battlefield with craters that bog down enemy tanks.
- Dig canals to bring your navy inland for a submarine-in-a-desert strike.
- Build ramps, bridges, entire fortress if you wish.
- Burn your portrait into continental crust using the planetary energy chisel.
Singleplayer Campaign and Challenging AI
Enjoy many hours of single player and coop fun with our campaign, wide selection of non-cheating AIs and a survival mode against an alien horde.
- Explore the galaxy and discover technologies in our singleplayer campaign.
- Face a challenging AI that is neither brain-dead nor a clairvoyant cheater.
- Have some coop fun with friends, surviving waves of chicken-monsters.
- Cloaking? Resurrection? Tough choices customizing your commander.
Casual and Competitive Multiplayer
Zero-K was built for multiplayer from the start, this is where you can end up being hooked for a decade.
- Enjoying epic scale combat? Join our 16v16 team battles!
- Looking for a common goal? Fight AIs or waves of chicken-monsters.
- Prefer dancing on a razor's edge? Play 1v1 in ladder and tournaments.
- Comebacks, betrayals, emotions always running high in FFA.
- Want to fight for a bigger cause? Form a clan and join PlanetWars, competitive online campaign with web-game strategic elements, diplomacy and backstabbing.
Power to the People
We are RTS players at heart, we work for nobody. We gave ourselves the tools we always wanted to have in a game.
- Do what you want. No limits to camera, queue or level of control.
- Paint a shape, any shape, and units will move to assume your formation.
- Want to spend more time on tactics? Use construction priorities.
- Want to focus on economy? Order units to kite, strafe or zig zag bullets.
Plenty of Stuff to
Zero-K is a long term project and it shows, millions hours of proper multiplayer testing and dozens of people contributing ever expanding content.
- Learn to use all of our 100+ units and play on hundreds of maps.
- Invent the next mad team-tactics to shock enemies and make allies laugh.
- Combine cloaking, teleports, shields, jumpjets, EMP, napalm, gravity guns, black hole launchers, mind control and self-replication.
- Tiny flea swarm that clings to walls?
Jumping "cans" with steam-spike?
Buoys that hide under water to ambush ships?
Mechs that spew fire and enjoy being tossed from air transports?
Carrier with cute helicopters?
Jumping Jugglenaut with dual wielding gravity guns?
Meet them in Zero-K!
1v1 Tournament March 30th 2019
Zero-K v188.8.131.52 - Funnelweb and Fixes
The engine update from last week was fairly smooth, but did identify a few bugs. Most of these bugs were since fixed by the engine developers, so this release updates the engine version to Spring 104.0.1-1085-gfc6d80e. This update also contains potential improvements to pathfinding around structures. Comment and give feedback on the new behaviour if you notice a difference.
Reworked Funnelweb to be the ultimate battlefield constructor. It may also find a role in missile defense, as it can now block two EMP missiles.
- Cost 4500 -> 3500
- Speed 45 -> 54
- Health 11K -> 6K
- Can construct at long range with 40 buildpower.
- Shield now has 28K maximum change, a large increase from 3.6K.
- Shield recharges at +200/second, but not if it has taken damage in the last 10 seconds.
- Shield is larger and does not link.
- Removed drones.
- Added radar.
- Speed increased by 6.8%
- Damage increased by 66%
- Range 320 -> 240
- Now shoots its land weapon in an arc, a bit like Rogue.
Changed light transportability rules.
- Charon is now able to transport units that cost 1000 metal or less.
- The old rule was based on mass, which made it a bit opaque.
- The effect of the change is that Charon can now transport Jack, Minotaur, and Siren.
- Fixed a mismatch between when it is considered submerged for targeting and for LOS.
Raven now dives mobile targets when following Area Attack commands.
Reef and Shogun have smaller footprints to make them less likely to become stuck on Tidal Generators and Urchins.
Factory and commander innate energy income is now pooled and shared between all players on the team. This will provide players who lost their commander with some base energy income to help them rebuild.
Initial unit behaviour configuration:
- Fixed Commander retreat state.
- Added repeat for Athena and Strider Hub.
Added Chicken Roosts and Spires to unit marker configuration.
The area command drag threshold has been increased to issuing single target commands easier. This threshold is now configurable.
- Extended maximum chicken queen spawn time modoption from 200 minutes to 300 minutes.
- Added a "Enable Inactivity Sharing" modoption that can be used to disable automatic unit transfer for inactive players.
- Fixed tutorial missions.
- Fixed a rare inconsistency with the order of matchmaker queues.
- Fixed units occasionally failing to revert to their normal speed after being slowed. The most commonly affected unit was Crab.
- Fixed units set to hold position with ballistic weapons failing to automatically target units that are only in range due to the elevation bonus. The most commonly affected unit was Crab.
- Fixed an air repair pad crash.
- Fixed a rare crash on game launch.
- Fixed a crash on saving with AIs.
- Fixed a failure to allocate memory caused by loading bad ambient map sounds.
- Fixed a desync likely caused by game file caching
- Fixed ferry routes and quick load widgets.
- Fixed reclaiming of live units sometimes reducing their health.
- Improved minimap performance.
- Fixed area reclaim sometimes issuing a unit target command.
Initial incomes are now higher, offset by lower starting resources.
- Commander income +4 metal, +6 energy -> +8 metal and energy.
- Start resources 400 -> 200.
Constructors no longer generate trickles of resources.
- Everything in the factory tab now has 0.5 metal and energy income (up from 0.3).
- All other constructors (besides the Commander) no longer generate resources. Previously, small constructors generated 0.15 metal and energy.
- Constructor costs have mostly been reduced by 4 per buildpower to offset the economic disruption. Each unit of buildpower used to generate 4 metal and energy every 2 minutes and 13 seconds.
Here is the full list of cost changes. Some buffs or nerfs have occurred relative to the rule of 4 cost per buildpower.
- Caretaker 220 -> 180
- Conch 180 -> 150
- Conjuror 140 -> 120
- Constable 130 -> 120 (a relative nerf of 6)
- Convict 140 -> 120
- Crane 220 -> 200 (a relative buff of 4)
- Quill 150 -> 130
- Mariner 220 -> 200 (a relative nerf of 10)
- Mason 140 -> 120
- Wasp 300 -> 260 (a relative buff of 10)
- Weaver 200 -> 170
- Welder 230 -> 200
- Cloak drain 0.5 moving 0.1 static -> completely free.
- Autorepair +20 after 10s -> +10 after 10s.
- Autorepair +12 after 5s -> +10 after 10s.
- Slowbeam damage 1500 -> 2000
Toad now has slightly better HP/cost than Gremlin, since it is slow and relatively short ranged.
- Cost 550 -> 500
- Health 1500 -> 2000
Hacksaw now reliably protects someone standing right next to it.
- Range 430 -> 480
- Projectile velocity 800 -> 600 (high velocity causes misses)
- Projectile turn rate increased 22% (low turn rate also causes misses)
- Burst delay 0.5s -> 0.2s.
- LOS 500 -> 550
- No longer occasionally fails to move close enough to its target.
- Can now fire (and successfully hit) in every direction.
- Missed torpedoes no longer fly across the map (also applies to underwater Scallops).
Tweaked the costs of some Striders and Superweapons.
- Paladin 10.5K -> 10K
- Detriment 24K -> 20K
- Zenith 30K -> 32K
- Disco Rave Party 32K -> 36K
Fixed Detriment overkill prevention, it now only applies to its missiles.
- Added an option 'Settings/HUD Panels/Command Panel/Selection Closes Tab' which sets whether selecting a construction option closes the construction tab.
- Made units easier to click on by enlarging their mouse raytrace hitboxes.
- Drop detection no longer automatically pauses, because the pause detection behaviour was broken.
- Fixed performance issue while not looking at the sharing/scoreboard panel. The performance issue that is caused by looking at the sharing/scoreboard panel remains.
2v2 Tournament February 23rd 2019
RSS feed | news archive