Welcome to Zero-K
- Epic Scale from tiny flea-bots to huge mechs and gigantic superweapons that wreak havoc - hundreds or thousands of units on the battlefield, all easily viewable with a fully pannable and zoomable camera.
- Realistic Physics mean each shot is physically simulated realtime - you can actually evade bullets if you micro-manage your units! Hills and terrain affect line of sight and radar coverage, and explosions deform the terrain.
- Planet Wars lets you take control of your own planet and fight for survival in an ongoing online campaign!
- Natural Balance allows units to depend on their natural characteristics and the benefits of the simulated environment, not contrived special damages to determine their effectiveness.
- Terraforming - change the terrain: walls, ditches, ramps and more, to provide yourself with an extra tactical advantage.
- Unique Abilities make sure units are fun to use! From jump-jets, gravity turrets, mobile shields, burning napalm, air drops, unit morphs - we've got it all and more!
- Streamlined Economy - the economic system is complex without being tedious, with a simple interface and controls. Resources are unlimited and output can be scaled up as the game progresses, allowing for increasingly intense battles. The system is also designed to minimize slippery slope and allow skilled players to make comebacks from losing positions.
Some of the many units to try out include:
There are many even more amazing features, but listing them isn't as fun as trying them out yourself, so visit our Downloads page!
Zero-K is made by the players, for the players. All the game developers are active and experienced players. Balance and fun are assured.
ZK 1v1 Tournament March 28th 2015
The March tournament is scheduled to take place on the 28th day of March, at 10:00 (10 AM) UTC.
Tournament format & rules:
- Double elimination (!)
- Random seeding
- First map of each round is predetermined, the following maps in the winners bracket will be selected by the loser of the previous game from the featured 1v1 map pool.
- All winners bracket games will be best of 3 (including finals). All losers bracket games will be best of 1.
It is possible to substitute for players who don't show up. If you have signed up, make sure to show up on time. Those who fail to show up will likely be subbed out by 10:30 UTC.
The players coming first, second and third will receive special unique collectible awards to their player profile, and receive tournament points which will at the year's end determine the year's altogether best tournament player. Points standings will be posted soon after the conclusion of this upcoming tournament.
The starting maps for each round will be announced at some later date before the tournament starts, when the number of participants will be more or less known.
Sign up in the comments!
ZK 2v2 Tournament February 28th 2015
It's end of the month, and it's time to host the monthly tourney.
It will start at 10:00 UTC (10 AM UTC) on 2015-02-28 and registration will be open until February 27th, 23:59 UTC. The current time in UTC can be seen at http://utctime.org/.
Players of all skill levels are welcome and encouraged to participate, however there is a limit of 16 teams, so don't lose your chance!
- Teams contain two different human players
- Single elimination
- First map of each round is predetermined, the following maps will be selected by the loser of the previous game from the featured 1v1 or team game map pool.
- Finals are best of 5, all other matches including the bronze match are best of 3.
The tournament bracket will be seeded according to players' teams Elo after registration closes. The players in the teams coming first, second and third will receive special trophy awards and score tourney points to determine best tourney players at the end of the year.
The first map of each round will be announced later in the week as the estimate number of players becomes known.
Check out the bracket at http://zk.challonge.com/zkfeb2015
Sign up in the comments!
Server protocol change
Zero-K has moved into a new server software because old one (UberServer) could not handle large number of players in tests.
This will allow faster development of Zero-K lobby, proper matchmaking etc, but unfortunately breaks compatibility with existing non Zero-K lobby clients, so please use Zero-K lobby for now.
Because it's a full rewrite of lobby server with changes done to springie autohosts, zero-k lobby and website/nightwatch, do expect some quirks. Bug reports are very much welcome at https://github.com/ZeroK-RTS/Zero-K-Infrastructure/issues
Today we erode away a bit of Total Annihilation legacy with the removal of easy nano-shielding. While it was arguably ok at the small scale we are sure everyone would agree that blocking tacnukes with Zeniths was pretty stupid.
Also a reminder; the tourney is in a few days so don't forget to Sign Up.
=== Removed Nano-shielding ===
Nanoframe hitvolumes now grow from ground level to full height during the first 40% of construction. This makes it much harder (and possibly pointless) to block small shots and fixes the Zenith nanoframe tactical missile defense.
=== Targeting ===
Vandal now has overkill prevention. There have also been some improvements in damage tracking.
Dominatrix now really likes to target things which are partially captured. Other units have a mild aversion against targeting such units.
The aimpoints (spots that are aimed at when trying to shoot at something) of commanders are slightly higher, especially for Support Comm. This is because their weapons could be much higher than their old aimpoints which would let them shoot over walls with no retaliation.
Fixed Penetrator aimpoint and hitvolume as well.
=== Fixes ===
* Attempt to fix rare music pitch bug.
* Nuclear missile launches are now always audible.
* Fixed a rare case where undead aircraft would take up repair pad spots for eternity.
* Some sort of Central Build AI fix.
RSS feed | news archive