Drive giant robots, build an army of a thousand Fleas, move mountains if needed, bury the enemy at all cost!
- Real time strategy.
- Physically simulated units and projectiles.
- Terrain manipulation.
- 100+ varied units with unique abilities.
- Singleplayer campaign.
- Challenging, non-cheating AI.
- Multiplayer 1v1 - 16v16, FFA, coop.
- Multiplayer online campaign.
- Really free, no in-game currency, no unfair multiplayer.
Fully Utilized Physics
Simulated unit and projectile physics is used to a level rarely found in a strategy game.
- Use small nimble units to dodge slow moving projectiles.
- Hide behind hills that block weapon fire, line of sight and radar.
- Toss units across the map with gravity guns.
- Transport a battleship to a hilltop - for greater views and gun range.
Manipulate the Terrain
The terrain itself is an ever-changing part of the battlefield.
- Wreck the battlefield with craters that bog down enemy tanks.
- Dig canals to bring your navy inland for a submarine-in-a-desert strike.
- Build ramps, bridges, entire fortress if you wish.
- Burn your portrait into continental crust using the planetary energy chisel.
Singleplayer Campaign and Challenging AI
Enjoy many hours of single player and coop fun with our campaign, wide selection of non-cheating AIs and a survival mode against an alien horde.
- Explore the galaxy and discover technologies in our singleplayer campaign.
- Face a challenging AI that is neither brain-dead nor a clairvoyant cheater.
- Have some coop fun with friends, surviving waves of chicken-monsters.
- Cloaking? Resurrection? Tough choices customizing your commander.
Casual and Competitive Multiplayer
Zero-K was built for multiplayer from the start, this is where you can end up being hooked for a decade.
- Enjoying epic scale combat? Join our 16v16 team battles!
- Looking for a common goal? Fight AIs or waves of chicken-monsters.
- Prefer dancing on a razor's edge? Play 1v1 in ladder and tournaments.
- Comebacks, betrayals, emotions always running high in FFA.
- Want to fight for a bigger cause? Form a clan and join PlanetWars, competitive online campaign with web-game strategic elements, diplomacy and backstabbing.
Power to the People
We are RTS players at heart, we work for nobody. We gave ourselves the tools we always wanted to have in a game.
- Do what you want. No limits to camera, queue or level of control.
- Paint a shape, any shape, and units will move to assume your formation.
- Want to spend more time on tactics? Use construction priorities.
- Want to focus on economy? Order units to kite, strafe or zig zag bullets.
Plenty of Stuff to
Zero-K is a long term project and it shows, millions hours of proper multiplayer testing and dozens of people contributing ever expanding content.
- Learn to use all of our 100+ units and play on hundreds of maps.
- Invent the next mad team-tactics to shock enemies and make allies laugh.
- Combine cloaking, teleports, shields, jumpjets, EMP, napalm, gravity guns, black hole launchers, mind control and self-replication.
- Tiny flea swarm that clings to walls?
Jumping "cans" with steam-spike?
Buoys that hide under water to ambush ships?
Mechs that spew fire and enjoy being tossed from air transports?
Carrier with cute helicopters?
Jumping Jugglenaut with dual wielding gravity guns?
Meet them in Zero-K!
1v1 Tournament December 14th 2019
Zero-K v22.214.171.124 Tweaks and AI Fix
- Fixed AI opponents always using Conjurer area cloak and excessively draining their own energy.
- Fixed a bug where Conjurers would use their area cloak decloak range when using personal cloak under a certain set of conditions.
- Increased Conjurer area cloak decloak range 128 -> 192 (same as their area cloaker radius).
- Ravens dive slightly lower.
- Increased the effect of impulse weapons on planes (not gunships) by 10%.
- Improved the rearm pad code and added it to the priority system.
- Hacksaw turns 25% faster and its missiles are better at homing.
- Fixed Knight attack-move behaviour.
- Fixed some issues caused by Phantom trying to shoot and kite at the same time.
- Skirmishing units stay slightly further away from retreating targets with significantly less speed than them.
- Updated Constable description.
Zero-K v126.96.36.199 - Balance and Quick Modding
Many balance suggestions are expressed on the forum with no easy means of testing. To address this, there is a new setting during game setup, under Advanced Options, that can be used to change almost any aspect of the game, no rebuilding or rehosting required. Check out the wiki page to see how to make faster Glaives and long-ranged Bandits.
- Jam radius: 256 -> 192
- Can area cloak with 192 radius and 8 energy drain.
- Range: 280 -> 350 (to see if the game breaks).
- Cost 110 -> 100
- Range 840 -> 860
- Projectile speed increased 3.8%.
- Damage: 100 -> 95 (Glaive is the only small unit affected by this change).
- Speed: 2.5 -> 2.6
- Sight: 350 -> 280
- Damage: 36 -> 45
- Cost 300 -> 285
- Speed: 2.7 -> 2.4 (Impaler 2.25, Lance 2.2, Tremor 2.25)
- Range 1180: -> 1120
- AoE: 96 -> 84
- Projectile velocity reduced by 4.5%
- Added overkill prevention vs. static targets.
- Buildpower: 4 -> 5
- Sight range: 660 -> 900 (very few units have more than 600 LoS).
- Laser range: 820 -> 850
- Disarm missile tracks.
- Health: 2200 -> 1700
- Range: 480 -> 490
- Made the build height display (Alt+Scrollwheel) show the water level.
- Fixed units sometimes skirmishing cloaked units.
- Fixed Dgun commander aiming.
- Fixed an exploit that allowed a player to crash the game (exploited around the 11th).
- Fixed Scorpion aimpos, allowing many units to hit it reliably again.
- Fixed the commander window closing itself randomly.
- Fixed slowbeam target selection.
- Fixed wade effects.
- Fixed extended Raven usage spamming the minimap with dots.
- Minor performance improvements.
Zero-K v188.8.131.52 - Story and Fixes
The old campaign mission text, while serviceable, lacked much in the way or narrative or lore. ThornEel has replaced all the text with something much more evocative.
The performance improvement comes from tweaking the frequency of weapon aiming, a parameter that initially set early 2018. Visually, the change should be barely noticeable, however it is likely to impact balance. Benchmarks indicate that this tweak will result in the best performance seen since at least 2017, if not earlier.
- Fixed the broken Starlight on planet Cipher.
- Configured weapon aiming for a significant boost to game performance.
- Fixed Kodachi being too eager to become a wreck.
- Fixed firing at buried or otherwise obscured Berthas by raising its aimpoint.
- Fix a bug related to Gunships climbing steep cliffs.
- Fixed the most common cause of lag when selecting units as a spectator.
- Fixed Area Mex causing duplicate commands in some cases.
- Fixed a bug with queuing construction orders for incomplete Strider Hubs.
- Updated Russian translations.
- Fixes for depth-of-field.
- Fixed shadows and shaders for some old graphics cards.
- Fixed wading unit wakes.
- Fixed economy module description.
- Swapped some ally teamcolours for better distinguishability in small games.
- Puppy Goo now updates wreck tooltips correctly.
RSS feed | news archive