Drive giant robots, build an army of a thousand Fleas, move mountains if needed, bury the enemy at all cost!
- Real time strategy.
- Physically simulated units and projectiles.
- Terrain manipulation.
- 100+ varied units with unique abilities.
- Singleplayer campaign.
- Challenging, non-cheating AI.
- Multiplayer 1v1 - 16v16, FFA, coop.
- Multiplayer online campaign.
- Really free, no in-game currency, no unfair multiplayer.
Fully Utilized Physics
Simulated unit and projectile physics is used to a level rarely found in a strategy game.
- Use small nimble units to dodge slow moving projectiles.
- Hide behind hills that block weapon fire, line of sight and radar.
- Toss units across the map with gravity guns.
- Transport a battleship to a hilltop - for greater views and gun range.
Manipulate the Terrain
The terrain itself is an ever-changing part of the battlefield.
- Wreck the battlefield with craters that bog down enemy tanks.
- Dig canals to bring your navy inland for a submarine-in-a-desert strike.
- Build ramps, bridges, entire fortress if you wish.
- Burn your portrait into continental crust using the planetary energy chisel.
Singleplayer Campaign and Challenging AI
Enjoy many hours of single player and coop fun with our campaign, wide selection of non-cheating AIs and a survival mode against an alien horde.
- Explore the galaxy and discover technologies in our singleplayer campaign.
- Face a challenging AI that is neither brain-dead nor a clairvoyant cheater.
- Have some coop fun with friends, surviving waves of chicken-monsters.
- Cloaking? Resurrection? Tough choices customizing your commander.
Casual and Competitive Multiplayer
Zero-K was built for multiplayer from the start, this is where you can end up being hooked for a decade.
- Enjoying epic scale combat? Join our 16v16 team battles!
- Looking for a common goal? Fight AIs or waves of chicken-monsters.
- Prefer dancing on a razor's edge? Play 1v1 in ladder and tournaments.
- Comebacks, betrayals, emotions always running high in FFA.
- Want to fight for a bigger cause? Form a clan and join PlanetWars, competitive online campaign with web-game strategic elements, diplomacy and backstabbing.
Power to the People
We are RTS players at heart, we work for nobody. We gave ourselves the tools we always wanted to have in a game.
- Do what you want. No limits to camera, queue or level of control.
- Paint a shape, any shape, and units will move to assume your formation.
- Want to spend more time on tactics? Use construction priorities.
- Want to focus on economy? Order units to kite, strafe or zig zag bullets.
Plenty of Stuff to
Zero-K is a long term project and it shows, millions hours of proper multiplayer testing and dozens of people contributing ever expanding content.
- Learn to use all of our 100+ units and play on hundreds of maps.
- Invent the next mad team-tactics to shock enemies and make allies laugh.
- Combine cloaking, teleports, shields, jumpjets, EMP, napalm, gravity guns, black hole launchers, mind control and self-replication.
- Tiny flea swarm that clings to walls?
Jumping "cans" with steam-spike?
Buoys that hide under water to ambush ships?
Mechs that spew fire and enjoy being tossed from air transports?
Carrier with cute helicopters?
Jumping Jugglenaut with dual wielding gravity guns?
Meet them in Zero-K!
1v1 Tournament May 28th 2022
Zero-K v18.104.22.168 - Backend Backlog
Other fixes and features have been worked on in the meantime, the most notable being formation ranks. It can be enabled through the ingame menu, and it is a bit rough around the edges, so send feedback.
In terms of balance, the 1v1 oriented changes are minimal as the pick- and win-rate stats are looking quite good. Shields have a nerf and Hover have a buff, and both sets of changes are partial reverts of buffs and nerfs from 2021. For dense teamgames, Impaler projectiles are slightly slower to cut down on their effectiveness against mobile units.
Bandit has half a revert to its recent damage buff.
- Damage per second 8.35 (pre-August 2021) -> 8.6 (recent) -> 8.48 (new)
Rogue is slower and also has half a revert to some recent buffs.
- Speed 58.5 -> 57
- Projectile velocity 185 (pre-August 2021) -> 192 (recent) -> 190 (new)
- Damage 340 (pre-August 2021) -> 350 (recent) -> 345 (new)
Bolas has its recent health nerf reduced.
- Health 720 (pre-October 2021) -> 680 (recent) -> 700 (new)
Scalpel has both its recent nerfs reduced.
- Health 680 (pre-October 2021) -> 650 (recent) -> 660 (new)
- Damage 660 (pre-October 2021) -> 620 (recent) -> 640 (new)
Impaler has a slower projectile.
- Projectile acceleration reduced by 11%.
- Added optional front-back ordering for line formations. Set it with Formation Rank ingame under Settings/Unit Behaviour/Default States, or set it per-unit with a state toggle that can be enabled ingame under Settings/Interface/Commands.
- Added a modoption to disable resurrection.
- Tweaked the tutorial mission to be a bit more informative, and removed the Lance.
- Added selection filtering for global build command.
- Added an option to show rating in the Tab Playerlist.
- Added hardware cursor to main menu Settings/Game.
- Replaced unit outlines with an opengl4 shader (a non-opengl4 fallback exists).
- Replaced reclaim highlight with an opengl4 shader (a non-opengl4 fallback exists).
- Improved Rogue walk animation.
- Added a unique death clone for Imp.
- Updated Stinger model, with a small compatibility change required for how it aims.
- Removed 3do model support and converted existing 3dos to s3o.
- Unhardcode mex from pregame queue widget. A customParam for this exists.
- Fixed a potential crash caused by adding morph to a variety of units (mostly cloakbots).
- Add Spring.Utilities.CMD table for custom command lookup.
- Added a warning for buildings with brake, acceleration, and turn rate tags set.
- Remove QueryNanoPiece from LUS.
- Lance avoids hovering downwards while firing, to avoid 'accidents'.
- Removed flat rectangles that could sometimes form under killed structures.
- Commanders with skins no longer leave a ghost behind when they leave line of sight.
- Removed 'Dev' from the name of the in-use AIs.
- Fixed weird looking impact explosions for Ogre, Behemoth, and Shogun.
- Settings that exist in the main menu and ingame are now under advanced settings ingame.
- Fixed an error in the ward fire toggle related to shooting at metal spots.
- Fixed Gauss turret spamming functions.
- Automatic guard remover no longer applies to factories.
- Fixed some minor Legacy AI configuration issues.
- Fixed feature ghosting not obeying distance fade.
- Fixed Imp underwater explosion effect.
- Optimise some code in Gauss turret, units catching on fire, selection shapes, attack AoE, economy overlay, decloak range, reclaim field summary, pause screen, newton firezone, radar dot height, and geothermal highlighter.
1v1 Tournament April 30th 2022
1v1 Tournament March 26th 2022
RSS feed | news archive