Welcome to Zero-K
- Epic Scale from tiny flea-bots to huge mechs and gigantic superweapons that wreak havoc - hundreds or thousands of units on the battlefield, all easily viewable with a fully pannable and zoomable camera.
- Realistic Physics mean each shot is physically simulated realtime - you can actually evade bullets if you micro-manage your units! Hills and terrain affect line of sight and radar coverage, and explosions deform the terrain.
- Planet Wars lets you take control of your own planet and fight for survival in an ongoing online campaign!
- Natural Balance allows units to depend on their natural characteristics and the benefits of the simulated environment, not contrived special damages to determine their effectiveness.
- Terraforming - change the terrain: walls, ditches, ramps and more, to provide yourself with an extra tactical advantage.
- Unique Abilities make sure units are fun to use! From jump-jets, gravity turrets, mobile shields, burning napalm, air drops, commander morphs, EMP, minelayers, burrowers, replicators, and teleporters - we've got it all and more!
- Streamlined Economy - the economic system is complex without being tedious, with a simple interface and controls. Resources are unlimited and output can be scaled up as the game progresses, allowing for increasingly intense battles. The system is also designed to minimize slippery slope and allow skilled players to make comebacks from losing positions.
Some of the many units to try out include:
There are many even more amazing features, but listing them isn't as fun as trying them out yourself, so visit our Downloads page!
Zero-K is made by the players, for the players. All the game developers are active and experienced players. Balance and fun are assured.
Zero-K 2v2 Tournament 8th of October 2016
A 2v2 Tournament is to be held on Saturday 8th of October 2016 at 1000 UTC.
Prizes include kudos and steam keys.
Further info and signups in the tourney forum thread.
Zero-K v22.214.171.124 to Zero-K v126.96.36.199
Starlight finally has a new model, something more fitting of the most expensive thing you can build. Starlight might see more use as Bantha has received a nerf as a result of free-for-all and endgame feedback. Smaller units have also received attention with many unit AI improvements and a fix for non-functional slow weaponry.
- Larger Hitvolume: It is now a 60 radius cylinder instead of a 55 wide and 35 deep box. This should make it weaker to spread weapons and Ultimatium.
- Reduced Speed 1.72 -> 1.55. This puts it between Dante and Detriment instead of approximately the same as Dante. It can still skirmish Detriment with no problem.
- Reduced Health 36k -> 32k.
- LargerHitvolume: radius 80 cylinder -> radius 92. It was looking a bit thin in comparison to Bantha.
- Size 8x8 -> 10x10
Fixed slow damage.
- Most precise unguided rockets and plasma cannons now have overkill prevention against structures. This is an improvement for many assaults, precise artillery, Rocko and Rogue.
- Added overkill prevention for Placeholder. They try to avoid overlapping their shots (unless against a particularly heavy foe).
- Mid-range units avoid explosive structures (Fusions, Pylons etc...).
- Fixed some Scorcher dive and heatray target priority bugs.
- Wolverines now skirmish everything.
- Added tactical AI for Impaler, Pillager, Bantha and Grizzly
- Anti-heavies now prioritize heavy units more strongly.
- Reduced the target priority of unidentified radar dots.
- Reduced the target priority of wobbling radar dots for unguided precise weapons.
- Added ingame ignore.
- The camera now zooms to your startbox upon commander selection.
- Fixed cloaked flying Blastwings.
- Fixed Shredder wreck.
Added map boxes:
- Sands of War
- Added fallback boxes.
Big server/launcher update
- get latest Zero-K lobby to play
- there are no more "springies", instead each battleroom has their capabilities
- when hosting, you pick the game type (chickens, teams, FFA etc)
- friend and ignore lists are stored in server (and were reset)
- fixed lots of Zero-K lobby and springie issues
Please check !help for new commands.
You can easilly change engine, game (incl. rapid tag) etc. of your room without any "rehost"
Use !game zk:dev to host local $VERSION for debugging/developing purposes.
This change simplified code base significantly (-13 000 lines), fixed lots of bugs and makes future changes easier.
Matchmaker will also take advantage of the known game types, and corresponding matchmaker games can be optionally offered to idlers in rooms.
- boxes were removed from lobby (defined inside maps)
- you can only set your team in lobby when its not running and is not managed - your team reflects actual in-game team in lobby
- !type command allows you to switch between teams, ffa etc modes
- all battle room commands lost "vote" variant, instead vote is auto offered where applicable
- ZKL fixes include: missions failing, download progress bars missing, fullscreen/spring interference, battle bar not updating
Posted by Licho 24 days ago - comment
Zero-K v188.8.131.52 (and earlier)
Three weeks ago we released several small versions, mostly to keep up with engine fixes. However, some features got into these releases and many of the Interfaces features are from this period and I have not written a complete list. The two balance change are from v184.108.40.206.
Spring 102.0 has been released (sort of) and it is well tested so we should be able to stick with it. This comes with a lobby update which allows Spring 102.0 to be downloaded so make sure to update.
The screenshot is showing off the line of sight and radar improvements since Spring 100.0. The LoS and radar updates faster, has higher resolution and is much better at finding cliffs. The interior colour can be set through Settings/Interface/Map/Radar Color.
Racketeer is a bit of a problematic unit so we've reduced its ability to keep two units disarmed. Two raiders fighting a Racketeer tended to be ridiculous.
- Rackteer reload time 5s -> 6s
The Plasma Artillery for Battle Commander was not just working out so it has been removed. Massive earlygame health and a Leveler sidearm remove the usual counterplay to artillery.
- Removed Commander plasma artillery weapon.
Newton launcher widget:
- Increased accuracy of impact location with interpolation between the impact step and previous step.
- Applied impact prediction to all units launched by Newtons. Not just those affected by firezones.
- Added transport drop location prediction.
- Added menu options for controlling when either type of prediction is displayed.
- Added a new Skydust UI. Press B to toggle height mode. C and V change height (much like Z and X change spacing in normal mode). The height selected in height mode is persistent per-unit type. Height does not work with line build.
- Zenith now obeys fire stats. Defaults to Hold Fire for new players. Defaults to Fire At Will for current players.
- Added an option to make clicking on construction tabs activate their hotkeys.
- Added an option to disable Ping and CPU display on Deluxe Player List.
- Added an option to show decloak ranges of units. Configure through Settings/Interface/Decloak Ranges.
- Ferry and Set Retreat Zone now appear as a minimap button. Not on the command menu.
- Terraform cost tooltip now shows its estimated cost.
- Fixed a Build ETA bug which can appear while spectating and using /specfullview.
- Energy and metal income graphs now include reclaim.
- Fixed Cloak State hotkey and tooltip.
- Restored marker placement hotkey for German keyboards (dev engine).
RSS feed | news archive