Welcome to Zero-K
- *Epic Scale* from tiny flea-bots to huge mechs and gigantic superweapons that wreak havoc - hundreds or thousands of units on the battlefield, all easily viewable with a fully pannable and zoomable camera.
- *Realistic Physics* mean each shot is physically simulated realtime - you can actually evade bullets if you micro-manage your units! Hills and terrain affect line of sight and radar coverage, and explosions deform the terrain.
- Planet Wars lets you take control of your own planet and fight for survival in an ongoing online campaign!
- *Natural Balance* allows units to depend on their natural characteristics and the benefits of the simulated environment, not contrived special damages to determine their effectiveness.
- Terraforming - change the terrain: walls, ditches, ramps and more, to provide yourself with an extra tactical advantage.
- *Unique Abilities* make sure units are fun to use! From jump-jets, gravity turrets, mobile shields, burning napalm, air drops, commander morphs, EMP, minelayers, burrowers, replicators, and teleporters - we've got it all and more!
- *Streamlined Economy* - the economic system is complex without being tedious, with a simple interface and controls. Resources are unlimited and output can be scaled up as the game progresses, allowing for increasingly intense battles. The system is also designed to minimize slippery slope and allow skilled players to make comebacks from losing positions.
*Some of the many units to try out include:*
There are many even more amazing features, but listing them isn't as fun as trying them out yourself, so visit our Downloads page!
Zero-K is made by the players, for the players. All the game developers are active and experienced players. Balance and fun are assured.
1v1 Tournament June 4th 2016Anarchid 4 days ago - comment
Muster your AA, Raven has a buff! And Phoenix! Actually, those are the only two balance changes and they should both be minor. The real focus of this release is on the user interface, bug fixes and other improvements.
- Phoenix can target gunships.
- Ravens dive faster. Their minimum speed is now 75% of max speed (from 50%).
- Right-clicking on a mex spot in Eco view (F4) when only cons are selected now queues a mex.
- "Skydust" UI now works with mexes and during pause.
- Reworked the gunships radar icon set
- Idle constructor select:
- Now works with Shift - adds the closest unselected idle con to selection [?]
- The UI button now shows both the select-1 and select-all hotkeys
- Treating unfinished cons as idle is now toggleable, default false [?]
- Space+click brings up its options menu [?]
- Comm Selector screen:
- Has a toggle to hide trainer comms [?]
- Disables itself when no longer relevant [?]
- Factory Panel ETA display has the same rules as the inworld display [?]
- Advanced tacnuke range displays (vertical, emp aoe) can now be toggled, default off [?]
- Added a hotkeyable action to select a ready Raven [?]
- The old COFC tiltzoom behaviour of drifting the object under the cursor to screen center is now an option independent of tiltzoom [?]
- Initial queue now works with disabled units properly.
- Menus: general clutter reduction.
- "Command Console Activated" plays when the game is ready instead of halfway through loading.
- Text to speech now obeys the master volume slider and has its own volume slider in the menu [?]
- Free For All games now default to shuffle start boxes.
- Strike Comm now the default comm.
- Resign votes now use team names (like Team North).
- Polish translations for misc tooltips, Russian translations for units.
- Units wading through shallow water now leave wakes; some trees sway with the wind.
- Endgame graphs now measure damage in metal cost instead of health.
- Purple Heart award now tracks environmental damage and friendly fire.
- Added mex config for Tandem Craters and Silo Valley.
- Added a health multiplier modoption.
- Improve lategame performance somewhat by dramatically reducing the performance cost of windgen farms.
- Per-unittype build spacing is now correctly saved between games.
- On/off initial state setting now works correctly.
- Vertical Aircraft Lines now work.
- Fixed metal multiplier modoption only working on mexes.
- Fixed awards treating dynamic comms as having 1000 cost and base health.
- Fixed energy multiplier modoption not working on Commanders.
- Fixed idle comms being selected by Select Idle Con regardless of the Track Commanders setting.
- Fixed Factory Panel being very slow to update and not noticing interruption (canceled/killed) if it happened to the last unit in the queue.
- Fixed irrelevant votemove showing up ingame.
- Fixed the COFC tiltzoom issue where the camera would not keep the cursor/center on the zoom target when zooming in or out quickly.
- Fixed Tidal build tooltip showing Windgen health.
- Fixed Zenith tooltip crash.
- Fixed penitent spycrab commander.
- Fixed default comm showing up as old armcom pregame.
- Fixed huge ghosted duplicate being drawn pregame.
- Fixed default comm not having a tooltip pregame.
- Fixed the case where if multiple people chose a comm of the same name, only one would have the tooltip pregame.
- Fixed comms not being rotated pregame.
- Fixed quick selection bar con # label disappearing briefly when the number changes.
Zero-K 2v2 Tournament 2th April 2016
New format, new organizers, new prizes.
A 2v2 tournament will be held on Saturday 2th April 2016 at 10AM UTC, with steam key and kudos for top three winners.
See more at http://zero-k.info/Forum/Thread/22184
Zero-K v188.8.131.52 to v184.108.40.206
The past week has seen nerfs to Warriors, drops, Warrior drops and now drops in general. Valkyrie may need some buffs to make it better in the midgame but we will solve that problem when we reach it. We also have the weapon shiny gadget by Beherith from BAR (with modifications). Here are the changes.
- DPS 285 -> 265 [?]
- Cost 210 -> 220 m [?]
- Regen 40 -> 30 hp/s
- Cost 80 -> 100 m
- Altitude 80 -> 140 elmo
Valkyrie and Vindicator speeds are now more affected by the mass of the unit they are transporting[?].
- Relatively heavy units are transported at 66% the speed that they used to be transported.
- Lighter units are slower to transport than they used to be. In particular Warrior causes Valkyrie to slow to 75% speed where previously Valkyrie was not slowed at all.
- Very light units are unaffected. This is relative to their transporter. For example Warrior still does not cause any slowdown for Vindicator because Vindicator is a beast.
Fixed overkill prevention for long ranged missile units.
Weapon fire is now shiny[?]. Better shader code and more shiny things will follow. If knows how to write shaders their help would be very welcome. The shiny is enabled for everyone because we would like to test a range of hardware to see whether it causes errors or too much performance loss.
- Fixed endgame graph jaggedness, added some parameters.
- Fixed debris of killed nanoframes not showing the owner.
- Fixed Spectator Panels causing a LuaUI crash.
- Fixed the resign message not showing if the player was the last on his team [?]
- Fixed team names when two teams being filled with members of the same clan.
- Fixed Commanders showing range circles for unequipped weapons.
- Fixed idle constructors not showing as idle in the Quick Selection Bar after move commands.
- Fixed Context Menu not showing Commander regeneration.
- Fixed Commander wreckage using old names.
- Fixed tooltips showing wrong Commander buildpower.
RSS feed | news archive