Welcome to Zero-K
- Epic Scale from tiny flea-bots to huge mechs and gigantic superweapons that wreak havoc - hundreds or thousands of units on the battlefield, all easily viewable with a fully pannable and zoomable camera.
- Realistic Physics mean each shot is physically simulated realtime - you can actually evade bullets if you micro-manage your units! Hills and terrain affect line of sight and radar coverage, and explosions deform the terrain.
- Planet Wars lets you take control of your own planet and fight for survival in an ongoing online campaign!
- Natural Balance allows units to depend on their natural characteristics and the benefits of the simulated environment, not contrived special damages to determine their effectiveness.
- Terraforming - change the terrain: walls, ditches, ramps and more, to provide yourself with an extra tactical advantage.
- Unique Abilities make sure units are fun to use! From jump-jets, gravity turrets, mobile shields, burning napalm, air drops, unit morphs - we've got it all and more!
- Streamlined Economy - the economic system is complex without being tedious, with a simple interface and controls. Resources are unlimited and output can be scaled up as the game progresses, allowing for increasingly intense battles. The system is also designed to minimize slippery slope and allow skilled players to make comebacks from losing positions.
Some of the many units to try out include:
There are many even more amazing features, but listing them isn't as fun as trying them out yourself, so visit our Downloads page!
Zero-K is made by the players, for the players. All the game developers are active and experienced players. Balance and fun are assured.
ZK 2v2 Tournament - October 25th 2014
It's time again for the monthly tournament! This month it will start at 09:00 UTC on 2014-10-25 and registration will be open until October 24 23:59 UTC. As usual, keep in mind to take into account daylight saving time, so UK time is UTC+1, Central Europe UTC+2, etc. The current time in UTC can be seen at http://utctime.org/.
Players of all skill levels are welcome to participate.
- Single elimination
- First map of each round is predetermined, the following maps will be selected by the loser of the previous game from the featured 1v1 map pool.
- Finals are best of 5, all other matches including the bronze match are best of 3.
The tournament bracket will be seeded according to players' teams Elo after registration closes. The teams coming first, second and third will receive 75, 50 and 25 kudos respectively.
The first map of each round will be:
Round 1: Conquest of Paradise V1
Round 2: Archers Valley V6
Round 3: Trojan Hills V2
Semi Finals: Delta Siege Dry Deluxe V3
Finals: Ravaged V2
Check out the bracket at http://challonge.com/zk2v2october2014.
Sign up in this thread!
Humanity has swept over the galaxy!
In what has been the swiftest of all PlanetWars seasons, Humanity Rising completely eliminated forces of Synthetic Hegemony, leaving it no place to hide.
Humans once again rule the world!
In total 64 people participated in 130 battles over 2 days.
Thanks to all involved, and kudos to brave defenders of Hegemony who fought to the bitter end!
PlanetWars 13 is now Live!
PlanetWars has begun and both factions are burning their way through the galaxy. In a mere two hours both factions have successfully captured their first planet.
If you are level 10 or above sign up to a faction, invade a planet and join the conquest. If you not level 10 then sign up anyway, play several more ordinary games and then invade planets.
Check out the main view to attack planets through the site, view the current state of the galaxy and see who has the initiative and for how long. Initiative and attacking have ZKL integration but be warned, a strange Nightwatch error can cause the times displayed in ZKL to be incorrect.
Make sure that at least one member of your faction has read the manual.
A recently banned troll has been setting up accounts sending automated malicious PMs. We are mass-banning as fast as we can and looking into more long-term solutions. Please bear with us as this is sorted out.Posted by TheSponge 36 days ago - comment
RSS feed | news archive