Crabe is a very strong counter to stingers. It may not have the natural range, but if you manually fire it from just out of range, the splash will take down the stinger. This makes it an artillery with a riot sidearm, which historically has been very strong.
I know we like to buff strengths and nerf weaknesses, but I see the weakness to being pushed out of defensive mode as unnecessary. I propose that crabe locks into place like a siege tank when armouring up. This would stop:
- being pushed around by ravagers and whatever else.
- being thrown off spires by wyvern.
- being pulled from mountains by sumo.
However, it's not like crabe doesn't have other weaknesses ripe for exploitation.
- Terra spires can be flattened.
- It can be sniped while moving.
- It can be artilleried to death.
- Grizz, cyclops, dante, ultimatum, krow all just walk up to it and delete it even when it's in position.
- Raider swarms kill it.
- Zeus walk over it.
- Sufficiently large skirm balls make cost against isolated crabes (and crabes are easy to isolate).
Crabe is half unit and half static, with even more weaknesses than the sum of both. It's got too many weaknesses, which makes it really good against people who don't know the counters, and really bad vs. people who do.
It makes sense for crabe to lock itself to the land. It's all-terrain, so it's naturally got the ability to at least hold it's weight vertically. It's a walking fortress, so it doesn't make sense for it to be pushed around. On top of this, both sumo and licho crush all of spider factory already, they don't need to smack crabe around to retain their usefulness against the factory.