Post comment
Filter:    Player:  
Page of 2 (27 records)
sort

USrank_Shaman
7 days ago
(edited 8 minutes ago)

R E N E G A D E _ T O U R N A M E N T

Hello zero-kers! We're gonna have a renegade tournament on Friday August 31, 2018 @ 18:00 GMT. Signups close August 24, 2018. Will you claim the title of supreme team of Zero-K? Or will your team claim the ultimate wubbernaut award?

Substitute List:
DErankManu12 [2229.5 WHR]
PLrankFailer [1870 WHR]

Signup list:
GBrank[GBC]HarveyN (1893 WHR)
ROrankDr0ppy [1587 WHR]
LUrankAnir [2324 WHR]
ESrankNed_Flanders [1577.519 WHR]
DErankkatastrophe [2067 WHR]
FIrank[ffc] [2301.5 WHR]
FIrankMr_Cool_Ice [1659 WHR]
FRranknewparrain [1736 WHR]
ADrankfishfingers [1466.5 WHR]
GRrankTheLyraki [1431 WHR] -- potentially

Teams:
USrankmrTOUCHER & Co. (?)
BErankBrynnlow [2136.5] + BErankapproximation [1462] (3598.5 whr, avg: 1799.25)
AUrank4hundred [2235.5] + AUrankrav [1825.5] + TBD (4060.5 whr, avg: 2030.25)

Casting:
ROrankSigero -- maybe
CArankAdminShadowfury333 -- might not come

Rules:

1. Winner's bracket is best of 3. Losers best of 1 (except loser's finals -- best of 3). Team matchup will be determined pre-tournament in a way that will pit teams against other teams of equal skill. The initial matchup will be posted after the 23rd and before the 31st.

Note: Due to the number of teams signed up, this may

2. Winner's bracket's maps are to be chosen from the featured pool (with losers picking the map). Loser's bracket is any supported map that both teams agree on or alternatively the losers may pick a map from the featured pool.

3. Have fun.

4. A group WHR cap of 6500 is in place. (Note that WHR is taken when you sign up, not day of tournament)
This is not a hard cap and teams may go over this slightly (up to 50 pts over). Note: An average of the two WHRs will be taken.

5. Teams may consist of two players, but not one.

6. If you don't show up, at least make a really funny and over the top excuse.

7. Players are not allowed to coherse other players into a situation where they cannot/don't play.

Awards will be handed out in the form of tokens (maybe trophies instead?)

Yes, there will seriously be a supreme wubbernaut award.

Edit: Signup closes Aug 24, not Aug 23. (7 days away from the event)

Edit 2: WHR values taken 08-12-2018 10:21AM AZ MTN
+4 / -0

AUrank4hundred
7 days ago
I suggest a 2v2.

3v3 u get too many drop out or no shows imo.

Also fewer teams
+0 / -0

USrank_Shaman
7 days ago
3v3 is fine. We haven't had one before, and I'm okay with it being an unmitigated disaster (that makes it more fun and more renegade-y!). I'll come up with a renegade-ish solution for that eventuality. That's why it's called a renegade tournament (cuz I don't have to adhere by any standards and the more disastrous it is, the better! Do feel free to be the first signup.)

Bring on the disaster. :D
+4 / -0

GBrank[GBC]HarveyN
6 days ago
I'm in, representing the GBC D squad
+0 / -0

PLrankFailer
6 days ago
(edited 6 days ago)

Count me in with PLrankfailer and PLrankFailer2

[Spoiler]
+0 / -0

ROrankDr0ppy
6 days ago
I'll probably be in, depends if my exams are around that day, but for now count me in!
+0 / -0

LUrankAnir
5 days ago
I would compete too.

But i guess you need to tell us the date of the pretournament too? or did i missunderstood something?
+0 / -0

USrank_Shaman
5 days ago
(edited 5 days ago)

Pretournament?

Sign up ends August 23rd at which I'll come up with a time that's good for everyone involved and do some administration type tasks.

The actual tournament is August 31st. I'm likely to make the scheduled time at 18:00 GMT. That's 11AM here.
+0 / -0

AUrank4hundred
5 days ago
Can put me down, yet to gather a team
+0 / -0

AUrank4hundred
5 days ago
Consider a group whr cap of 6500 or something
+0 / -0

USrank_Shaman
5 days ago
(edited 6 hours ago)

Done. Cap is 6500 taken at the time of sign up.
+0 / -0

CArankAdminShadowfury333
5 days ago
(edited 5 days ago)

I want to cast this, but I make no promises. I'll be moving sometime after the 18th, probably before the 31st, but I'm not sure when my internet will be all set up at my new place.
+2 / -0

ROrankDr0ppy
5 days ago
At worst I can stream the noob's perspective after my inevitable loss :D

+0 / -0

DErankManu12
5 days ago
An interesting idea might be: all purple and dark blue players have to play 1v3 in this tounament.
This seems unfair at the start but then you notice you cant spawn the 3 coms at different locations and have slower expansion.
Dont forget you still have to do 3x more unit micro which could make this tournament more interesting.
(and more battles because only 4 players instead of 6)
Just a suggestion idk what you people think of this idea.

+0 / -0

USrank_Shaman
5 days ago
CArankAdminShadowfury333 I'm willing to push it back a day or two if it helps. I would like for you to be able to cast. It isn't often we have 3v3 tournaments.
+0 / -0

LVrankSenaven
5 days ago
This one is cool idea. I hope there will be many teams.
+1 / -0

AUrank4hundred
4 days ago
Yes i encourage people to gather a team, grab a substitute also incase of no show. if we get 6 teams would be epic.
+0 / -0

AUrank4hundred
4 days ago
games will probably be a little longer than 1v1?... maybe a RRobin\swiss with a bo3 for final, and one for 3rd if needed... all depends on # teams
+1 / -0

USrank_Shaman
3 days ago
If not a lot of people show up I'll do your idea 4hundred. Atm, we're at like 2 teams at most. This would mean 3 games and done. Maybe if not a lot of people show up we'll do a sort of swiss tournament where the teams change or something to get a few extra games out.

TL;DR: we need more participation.
+1 / -0

DErankkatastrophe
47 hours ago
i might participate if I can stand the state of the game at this time.
+1 / -0
Page of 2 (27 records)