Hello minions and cohorts! This month's tournament is going to be a swiss style [with a twist!] Preliminaries 2v2 tournament with Single Elimination Bo3
finals! As a result of the experience acquired in the Renegade tournament, we're going to make a few changes.
Tournament date: Saturday September 29, 2018 @ 18:00 GMT
1. You MUST sign-in before the tournament starts. Sign-ins begin 17:00 UTC. Team missing one or two players will require a sub to be picked out by 17:59 or they'll be dropped. To sign in, either send "_Shaman: sign in" in #ZKTourney or by PMing me. Basically, get my attention. This will help me with attendance and get games going faster than last time.
2. The WHR cap for this tournament is 5000. Teams may go up to 50 over this cap, but it's recommended you stay under it. The purpose of this 50 pt leeway is to allow people who really want to sign up together be together. WHR is calculated using the following formula:
3. You are allowed to sign up solo. You should find a partner during signups or offer subbing during sign up period.
4. To make things a bit interesting, I'll allow the map pool to be modifiable by teams. You may choose to call a vote to add or change a map in the replacement pool or you may swap out one of the map pool maps for another map. Teams are allowed to call for a single modification. If it has more yes than no, that modification will occur. For instance:
Ravaged v2 -> Glacies would swap out Ravaged for glacies.
Ravaged v2 -> ??? would swap ravaged out for a random map.
+Icy Run v2 would add Icy Run v2 to the replacement pool.
Glacies <=> Swiss Round 1 would swap glacies for Swiss Round 1's map. (Thus Ravaged v2 would be put into the replacement pool and Glacies would be put in Swiss Round 1's slot)
If a map has a vote for two different replacements, then the one with the highest yes vote count will take place over the other. Votes will be open until the day before the tournament. Only teams with two people may make modifications to the map pool and individuals may vote on signup.
Swiss Round 1: Ravaged v2
Swiss Round 2: Trojan Hills
Swiss Round 3: Rapids
Swiss Round 4: Isle of Grief
Swiss Round 5: Icy Shell
Finals map Pool:
Finals Round 1: Archer's Valley
Winner Starter: Aquatic Divide
Bronze Starter: Barren 2
Replacement Pool: (This is for when both teams do not like the map they're given or during Bo3 Finals)
??? [Random Map 01]
??? [Random Map 02]
??? [Random Map 03]
Please note that the restrictions on the replacements are:
- Must be supported or higher.
- Must not be speed metal or chicken.
- Must be a team map. No FFA maps.
- Cannot be bigger than 20x20.
- Cannot be Gecko Island or CCR.
Rapids -> Red Comet ( 4hundred
5. You may not perform any action that would make your partner be unable to play.
6. Signups close at 17:50 UTC, day of tournament.
7. During the Bo3 Finals, the loser of the starter match may pick the next map from the replacement pool.
Note I'll be experimenting with some format changes in attempt to speed up intermission and improve balancing. I'll be posting a rule set in the next few days as I ponder a bit more but basically it's similar to Swiss format. (Probably Danish variant plus some custom rules.)
Signup sheet: Found here
Current Unassigned Players:atraiiKingstad4hundredManu12Pyrostasis
(Sorry, I had you under the internal spreadsheet)[DK]KrudorBlueDeluxe