New funnel is amazing, I especially love the shield concept
1. HUGE capacity
- it blocks EMP missiles giving so much needed protection to crucial units such as anti nuke
- it can block even the nuke missile itself, but due to huge blast radius and the fact nuke deals AOE funnel itself always dies, meaning in emergency cases u can elevate funnel web for 300-400 elmo(to be defined) to act as one-shot anti nuke
2. Not broken
- needs to stop taking damage for 10s to recharge
- pretty large E requirement
- no linking between funnelwebs and classical shields does not destroy existing shield balance
3. Really cool visuals ;)
The unit itself it fairly weak and easily counterable - slow and with 6k HP I often end up losing it to air...
The main problem is porc push strategies with 2-3 funnels and 10 storages u can do really nasty things in mid game... and once u got ur first up and started eating it snowballs pretty fast
but once again almost ANY strategy that bites is OP unless stopped and it looks like funnel can be easily stopped if efforts put to it. Plus on its own porc push is kinda useless it works only in large team games...
- bomb with air
- deplete shield with cheap barrage(hammers, tremor, disarm arty) then trash funnel itself with long range arty
- raid the shit out with mass glaive/flea (problematic, because of porcpush abilities)
As one of options to balance if it turns out to be too OP I suggest turning unit into fat caretaker without build options... so u'd have to always carry regular cons together with it... after all its just a support strider
I would also consider adding some really weak weapon to it, something like flea side arm maybe with tiny range?
I mean come on, even jumpy and heavy tank cons have weak weapons... Strider con for 3.5k just has to have some basic non lethal pea-shooter too(low damage, short range) :P
p.s. really great work on shield balance, not sure regarding other unit stats just yet