When i think of a raider Strider something like a monowheel comes to my mind.
Weapons: (2x dual Glaive MG)
(2x)Dual Pulse MG
Damage: 12 × 6
Reload Time (s): 0.30
Damage per Second: 240
Range (elmo): 185
Projectile Speed (elmo/s): 500
Inaccuracy (deg): 2.4
Total Damage per Second: 480
Movement Speed (elmo/s) ~250-300* (100-120*)
Turn Rate (deg/s) 30-50* (100-110*)
*Special (Probably D-Key) Mode (Gear?) switch:
Toggle to switch between high speed + low turn rate
and low speed and high turn rate (~4-5 sec cd to prevent rushing in turning around and rushing out within 1-2 sec)
Idk if Zero-k already has some kind of acceleration system but for this unit it would probably feel really good with speed buildup and slowdown (at the same time it will probably work out even without it).
Reason for existance:
- Rushing trough (around) some higher defended areas to get to lesser defended mexes/eco or overall map support with other units tanking the dmg.
- Using speed to flank and create army advantages.
- To rush in and kill these annoying artillery units if they aren't properly protected by defense.
- The unit will barely be able to steer while in high speed mode so you eventually have to slow down to hit properly or redirect your movement path.
- While is is slowed down it is extremely vulnerable (low hp per cost) but will be able to utilize all of its weapons to hit the enemy.
- Bombs will be able to easily take out these raiders if they run over them.
- The Strider raider will lose in any direct confrontation if used as an assault unit due to its low hp pool.
- add damage on impact if anything stands in its way
(About impact: meant as a hazard of using high speed mode: both the unit and enemy take damage. Beware of dirt bags!)
- add hovering/moving over water while in high speed mode: this means it is able to path over e.g. the small mid lake in Tangerine
, but dont you dare switching to low speed mode as this will sink your strider raider (use with extreme caution) (can be recoverable by terraform or maybe lobster)