I would like to help on the guide, in special if you want to make video experiments-proofs in gam. I was thinking of doing the same.
Some of my tips:
1) Low levels of overdrive (0%~30%) are cheap and worth to be made quite early, with solars, befora all mexes are made.
2) You can enjoy overdrive on front mexes with 2 solar panels on front. Excess energy distribution is only capped by the limit of the network, but is not effected by where that e is spent.
3) Wind gens are worse for overdrive than looks because of the energy fluctuation. Its good for cloak, repair and big shields
4) Because of energy is converted to metal, energy-only consuming stuff should be considerated as using metal, and you should add the price of the energy infra to the unit price. (Shield, cloak and tank (reapir) suffer from this a lot)
1) Metal damage of killed mexes is exponential to the number of mexes killed, and distance of builders
2) You are dealing big raid damage if you:
- Are damaging stuff (energy that can't become metal and delaying builders)
- Force the builder to go away (delays next mex)
- Kill energy or metal
- Killing the builder
- Forcing your enemy to porc!
3) Killing a fac caretaker is greater than a mex in 1x1 and small games, this will cause metal excess in most cases
1) Learn how to use non-aa units on attacking air (I heard this is called flexing), it makes easier to counter air
2) AA units have 0 assault power, remember that
3) Raiders can get under nimbuses and shoot, use this to counter tham at minimum prices :D
4) Some stuff can be avoided by gs straffing!
5) Mobile anti-air works a lot beter if you pull-push like you do with riots vs raiders. But you need radar and micro for this