I have an idea for a sort of mine sweeper unit. The unit belongs to the cloakbot factory but does not come with its own cloak. It has a slightly larger radius than a Phantom and has the ability to "blink" burrowed units out of cloak. This ability is activated the same way that bombs can be detonated manually however this unit will not attack by itself and also has no offensive abilities to keep itself alive. The Blink unit will basically sweep the entire area within its radius and force any burrowed units to temporarily reveal themselves for around 3 seconds. The blink ability has a charge up time of 10 seconds within which the unit is not allowed to move at first but gradually regains its ability to move over the next 10 seconds of its recharge timer. Also its metal cost should be around the 300 to 500 I feel like (and the unit is also relatively slow, a little bit faster than a phantom).
This is purely a concept and since I can barely draw and also cannot create any models other people will have to do that should it be accepted into the game. If there is a unit already designed/used for this purpose please do tell me.
In a nutshell:
- Name: Blink
- Factory: Cloakbot factory
- Metal cost: 300 - 500
- Personal cloak: No
- Speed: About 5% to 10% faster than a Phantom
- Ability radius: Slightly larger than a Phantom
- Ability usage: Manually activated
- Ability charge up: 10 seconds with gradually reducing movement penalty (0% to 100% movement over 10 seconds)
- Ability description and usage: Blinking all burrowed units inside its radius out of hiding for 3 seconds.