Loading...
  OR  Zero-K Name:    Password:   

Energy expense greater than income but not going down, why?

4 posts, 21 views
Post comment
Filter:    Player:  
sort
67 minutes ago
I've been playing Zero-K for a long time and mostly get it, but this has always confused me.

For example.
My Energy income is +54, my expense is -73.5, it shows <<<<, but my Energy storage still fills up.

Why is this? I'd expect with those numbers my Energy storage to deplete.
+1 / -0
61 minutes ago
It's most likely because of our overdrive mechanic. Any excess energy you have is out into your mexes to mine more metal. And because of that you will always spend more energy than you produce. At the same time, as long as your production and utility energy usage doesn't exceed your production, then your storage will be full.

So if you produce more energy than you need, excess still gets used by mexes, if you have your generators aren't connected to mexes, they don't overdrive and the number would show no drain probably.

I hope this explanation was clear... I think it could be explained better.
+0 / -0

34 minutes ago
Is this in teams? If you have allies with extra energy it will be shared to you to stop your bar depleting.
+0 / -0
21 minutes ago
> Is this in teams? If you have allies with extra energy it will be shared to you to stop your bar depleting.

Nah, I see it in solo too.
+0 / -0