Name:    Password:    (Forgot password / username? / Create an account)
Forum index  > News   >

Welcome to the past

Post comment

40 posts, 1712 views
CZrankAdminLicho
15 months ago
(edited 15 months ago)

ZK now at 1.1.3.6 with engine 91 .. until performance and other issues are fixed (aahhhh the smoothnesss!)

Please use the standard Zero-K lobby on Windows or WebLobby (http://weblobby.springrts.com/) and NOTAlobby on Linux to join games.

You can of course still host any version of the game and engine (!setengine command) and Oxygen host hosts latest game with engine 94.1.
+0 / -0
BRrank[DOOP]fortaleza
15 months ago

At least will be able to play again... or so i hope... let's test...
+0 / -0
CZrankAdminLicho
15 months ago

Thanks for the picture find, i set it for this :)
+0 / -0
USrankUFO_JESUS
15 months ago
fugggg
where can i get the 91 engine
+0 / -0
USrankUFO_JESUS
15 months ago
nm it autoDLs in the zerok client
+0 / -0
UArankIvica
15 months ago
(edited 15 months ago)

Cool, now I can peacefully retire until future versions.
+0 / -0
CZrankAdminLicho
15 months ago

Note that nothing stops you from hosting any version of engine and mod! :) In fact Oxygen runs at latest ZK + 94.1

You can also use advanced in "open battle" ZKL dialog to pick ZK version you like (enter full name) and then !setengine to change engine to one you want.
+0 / -0
GBrankKyubey
15 months ago
(edited 15 months ago)

Donator star
woooo i will now lag out a whole 50 minutes later then before in a 8v8!!!

thats a 1000% increase in my expected ingame time!!!!

i would hug you licho but you are a coule of thousand miles away
+0 / -0
CArankAdminShadowfury333
15 months ago

Donator star
Downside: New developments on SVN are going to take longer to get into stable.

Upside: There is a point to working out what to do for casting for this again (legal and channel logistics issues, not technical ones)
+0 / -0
USrankAdminnorm0616
15 months ago
(edited 15 months ago)

Hmm, whatever settings I borked up to work on the new engine seems to have broken my old engine. I'll work on figuring it out but does anyone have a solution to spring closing out and giving an access error?
+0 / -0
GBrankAdminTheSponge
15 months ago

It seems a great shame to take such a backwards step. Are there any plans to fix it in the next engine?
+0 / -0
UArankbrroleg
15 months ago
weird. i found 91 version not so better then 94. in 94 you have overall less fps, but that fps is stable. in 91 your fps hit the sky but at time-to-time there is lag-spikes witch very annoying as fps drops from 100 to 13 for few sec and then 100 again, this is like hit in the eye
+0 / -0
UArankIvica
15 months ago
Community is small, I don't believe everyone will hop on Oxygen host to play 8vs8 or so every day.
+0 / -0
DErankMaximilanDGeist
15 months ago
Can somebody explain !setengine [version]? adding it to the textfield from advanced options gives a spam massage and in lobby chat, it trigers a response, but !setengine 94.1 still starts a game with 91.0, according to loading screen.

btw, 91.0 keeps crashing for me...
+0 / -0
EErankAdminAnarchid
15 months ago

Donator star
quote:
WebLobby ... Linux

Caveat: weblobby doesn't know how to download 91.0 automatically, so you will have to follow instructions in lobby's help page.
+0 / -0
CZrankAdminLicho
15 months ago

DErankMaximilanDGeist try to write !setengine 94.1 after it opens the host for you .. does not have to be entered into hosting dialog.
+0 / -0
DErankMaximilanDGeist
15 months ago
(edited 15 months ago)

nop, springee answers prepering engine change to 94.1, but ingame version is still 91.0

edit: ok, repeating the command gives a second line with rehosting and the new engine (why cant I copy from chat?). And the loby stops working (map and playerlist empties and !commads do not trigger any responses any more)
+0 / -0
EErankAdminAnarchid
15 months ago

Donator star
quote:
why cant I copy from chat

You can. You just cannot do a lasting selection. Hold mouse down while you ctrl+c and it will work.

Why? I have no idea. Some guys seem to think it's like this so the input focus snaps to the text field if you click on chat, but other lobbies do it more elegantly.
+0 / -0
DErankMaximilanDGeist
15 months ago
Thanks, I got it working finaly. apearently if you get the rehosting message, there is a new game with the selected engine and your old name. Just select that...
+0 / -0
LTrank[pikts]wolas
15 months ago
weblobby is actually decent(to notalobby users), but still I would prefer normal application and not a browser plugin. Dunno when (if) notalobby version 4 will be released.
+0 / -0
BErankFlipstip
15 months ago
hooray! replays work again!
+0 / -0
PLrankAdminRafal[ZK]
15 months ago
For me 94.1 was equally as laggy as 91.0.
It had better pathing, and airpads bugs fixed, but also caused HealthBars widget to randomly crash and disable which was annoying.
So I am neutral about this change.
+0 / -0
CZrank[DDAM]aiphee
15 months ago

94 was faster for me and it was in Ubuntu repo... Only bug who hasnt been in 94 was the healtbars.

Fingers crosssed for 95
+0 / -0
LTrank[pikts]wolas
15 months ago
Now lets make another poll "lets go back to the future".
+0 / -0
DErank[I]burp
15 months ago
LTrank[pikts]wolas: NOTA Lobby 4 is released (it has multi-engine support, with auto-download of engines), well at least it was. It was available at https://code.google.com/p/nota/downloads/list for a while. I'm already using it. Probably it has been taken offline due to some outstanding bugs.
+0 / -0
EErankAdminAnarchid
15 months ago

Donator star
quote:
Probably it has been taken offline due to some outstanding bugs.

like "no source available"
+0 / -0
CHrankAdmin[V]sheep
15 months ago

Donator star
or rather, GPL violation...
+0 / -0
UArankIvica
15 months ago

+0 / -0
DErankAdminmojjj
15 months ago

Donator star

+0 / -0
BRrank[DOOP]fortaleza
15 months ago

+0 / -0
GBrankAdminTheSponge
15 months ago

I guess thats the end of any sanity on this thread then?
+0 / -0
LTrank[pikts]wolas
15 months ago

+0 / -0
BRrank[DOOP]fortaleza
14 months ago

+0 / -0
EErankAdminAnarchid
14 months ago

Donator star
In the past, nukes are shiny and airplanes get stucked in factory.
+0 / -0
GBrankKyubey
14 months ago

Donator star
lol fort:

DAT GURL IS EVILZ!!!
i can see it in her eyes, they look like my eyes, except backwards, because they is not in teh meeror!!!

run for your liver's continued existance within your abdominal cavity!
+0 / -0
DErank[I]burp
14 months ago
(edited 14 months ago)

91 must be considered deprecated. I guess the engine developers agree with me at that point. It does not build anymore with recent software. I can't play zero-k anymore as long as it uses an old engine version as there is no proper static build available. My hope is that 95 gets released soon and zero-k switches to it. Until then I probably need to play BADSD.

Let's look at the Poll:

I literally cannot run with the new engine. 7% (18)
The new engine is slower, I would prefer to use the old engine. 44% (106)
The new engine is slower but the improved functionality makes the new engine better overall. 15% (37)
No speed difference. 22% (54)
The new engine is faster. 7% (16)
I could not run the old engine. 5% (11)

So in total there is 15%+22%+7% = 44% for using the new engine or at least don't mind using it. Another 44% are for using the old engine. 7% cannot use the new engine, while 5% cannot run the old engine. I guess I should click the latest option now.
+0 / -0
CHrankAdmin[V]sheep
14 months ago

Donator star
That's a naive interpretation of the poll.
One thing that must be understood is that not all votes are equal. They appear equal, but that's just to fool you.
+0 / -0
GBrankAdminTheSponge
14 months ago

I have a working (after a fashion but I think that is my hardware) static build of 91.0 for linux 32bit. For me it does not work in weblobby but in springlobby it works. I cant find anywhere to upload it though.
+0 / -0
BRrank[DOOP]fortaleza
14 months ago
Does any of this link help?
http://springrts.com/dl/buildbot/default/release/
http://springrts.com/dl/buildbot/default/release/91.0.1-1334-g799e0c7/linux32/
http://sourceforge.net/projects/springrts/files/springrts/spring-91.0/
+0 / -0
DErank[I]burp
14 months ago
It's fine. After fixing some engine bugs I could make my own build now.
+0 / -0

Post comment