Introductory page for new Zero-K lobby users
To learn the basics, take a look at the Newbie Guide. Questions inform yourself by reading the FAQ.
Try the game in single player mode to get used to the basic game controls. Recommended missions are:
- Sandbox - just test everything in an empty game, look at different units and get a feeling for the interface
- Tutorial 1: Running Start - the first of two tutorial missions, here you can learn the very basics
- Tutorial 2: A Day Out - the second tutorial, provides information on essential game mechanics
- 2v1 - play with an allied computer controlled player against another computer controlled player
- Very easy chickens - defend yourself from hordes of alien chickens and strike back
Some useful manual resources for new players:
- [Manual#Getting_Started Getting Started]
- Quick guide to difference with other RTSes
- Economy basics
- Unit Classes
- Weapon Classes
- Dos and Donts
To create a new account you need to download the Zero-K lobby. Start the lobby and follow these instructions.
1. First you'll see this form where you can enter a unique player name and a password:
2. So, fill the textbox with your player name and password and click "register":
4. Now your account has been created successfully. Check out the "Home" button and you will see your profile page.
5. Try some games, maybe multiplayer and if you have any questions feel free to use the lobby chat ;-)