This manual page explains the basics of PW structures.
Manual > PlanetWars > Structures
Planets can support one of each type of structure. They cost [ManualPlanetWarsEconomy#Metal energy] to build and [ManualPlanetWarsEconomy#Energy energy] to function. Anyone can build a structure on any faction-held planet. The output of that structure, if any, is added to your resource [ManualPlanetWarsRoles#Quota quota]. Once built it requires a few turns to become active. Larger, more expensive structures take longer to power up.
All structures, except energy producers and the basic wormhole, require [ManualPlanetWarsEconomy#Energy energy] to function. They will shut down and become non-functional if there is insufficient energy. [ManualPlanetWarsRoles#Roles Economic leaders] can set energy priorities for each structure to control which structures are kept running during a brownout.
Structures are disabled when destroyed ingame or if a successful invasion occurs on their planet. A structure disabled by an attack or power loss requires a few turns to reactivate. This time is twice as long as their initial activation time.
Structures can be destroyed by bomber attacks or scrapped for half their metal cost.
Here is a complete list of structure. This list, alongside extra information, is available in the Structures tab on any planet.
Energy structures are required to power most other structures
- _Power Generation Unit_: The cheapest and most efficient source of power.
- _Orbital Solar Array_: Least efficient power source which compensates by being impossible to disable from the ground.
- _Planetary Geothermal Tap_: Very expensive and powerful; provides high output density at the expense of being a single point of failure.
Defenses hinder the effectiveness of attacks by reducing Influence gains, destroying bombers or preventing them from warping to the planet in the first place.
- _Field Garrison_: Reduces Influence gain by 10.
- _Interception Network_: Destroys 10 bombers from each bombing run.
- _Planetary Defense Grid_: Reduces Influence gain by 20 and destroys 16 bombers from each bombing run.
- _Warp Jammer_: Prevents Warp Cores being used to access the planet.
Wormholes project influence to nearby planets. This ability can be upgraded, blocked or sent over vast distances. The expensive String Connector is capable of permanently linking two planets.
- _Wormhole Generator_: Every planet starts with a wormhole generator. It is impossible to destroy but when disabled it isolates a planet from it's neighbors.
- _Improved Wormhole Stabilizer_: This improved generator projects Influence at a much higher rate.
- _Wormhole Inhibitor_: Prevents enemy Influence being spread to a planet.
- _Guerilla Jumpgate_: Projects Influence to a targeted enemy planet.
- _String Connector_: Creates a wormhole to another planet.
These structures produce the tools of war.
- _Dropship Factory_: Produces 0.5 dropships per turn.
- _Bomber Factory_: Produces 0.5 bombers per turn.
- _Warp Core Fabricator_: Produces 0.25 Warp Cores per turn.
Some structures would only be found in the lair of an evil genius.
- _Terraform Nanite Bomb_: Destroys and replaces the terrain of a planet.
- _Planet Buster_: Single use planet destroyer.
- _Galaxy Compressor_: Structure which allows for the destruction of star systems at will.
Planet governors may confiscate structures built by other players on the planet. They must pay the metal cost of the structure to the previous owner.
[ManualPlanetWarsRoles#Roles Faction leaders] with [ManualPlanetWarsRoles#Quota metal quotas] may confiscate structures belonging to faction members anywhere, without compensation.