DRAFT for NEXT releaseThis is a draft for the next release, these changes are not live and not guaranteed to stay. For the latest stable release notes see changelog. For the unprocessed, technical list of changes see the commit log.
This week of the campaign is a two-for-one combo with the release of missions for two factories. These missions show various aspected on mixed land/sea combat with hovercraft and amphibious bots. Tell us what you think in the feedback thread: http://zero-k.info/Forum/Thread/24469
Zero-K is doing well on itch.io, we were entered into the featured list and are doing well in popularity. We are still low on ratings so get an account and rate our page at https://zerok.itch.io/zero-k if you have not yet done so.
Shield visuals have finally been rewritten in LUPS. These shields have a much lower performance drain and, while they may look a bit basic looking at the moment, the change will allow us to further improve their visuals in the future.
Dominatrices now inflict 95% capture progress on their subordinates when they die, making the newly freed units easy to recapture by any surviving Dominatrix.
Tweaked Racketeer missile physics to make it take about 10% longer to hit its target. This is intended to make Racketeer less effective at nullifying bombers.
Centralized commander shield positions. Convict and Thug shields are 18 elmos higher.
Structures can no longer teleport (nobody noticed that they could).
Campaign week 4 is underway with four Rover missions and two bonus missions, bringing the total mission count to 22. We have also been tweaking previous missions based on feedback. As always, be sure to post feedback on the new missions here: http://zero-k.info/Forum/Thread/24457
Alongside the mission releases is a new Zero-K version, with the most notable change being new models Rover and Tank factories. With this change all factories are now impossible to block with a single poorly placed structure or piece of terrain.
The menu has also received a much-needed rework of its download UI and the backend has been switched to wrapper-based downloads, which should fix server and corruption issues.
- Added team mode for simple teamcolours, defaults to automatically enable in missions and free-for-all. When enabled, it makes all enemies on the same team share the same colour. Will be useful in team FFA.
- Default hotkeys for hide interface and hide healthbars are now more obscure, for safety. The new hotkeys are Ctrl+F5 and Ctrl+F9 respectively.
- Improved context-sensitive commands for constructors. Right clicking on an enemy will issue a move command, not a reclaim command. Right clicking on a damaged friendly constructor or factory will issue a guard command, not a repair command.
- Factories now default to selection rank 2.
- Fixed Strider Hub and Airpad selection rank.
- Added zoom in/out to misc hotkeys menu (for the default camera).
- Added hotkeys for Newton firezone settings.
- Disable automatic commander selection at the start of campaign battles.
- Made Gunship Plant easier to select.
In addition to the six new missions there have been tweaks and fixes based on previous weeks feedback:
- Added the Stats tab to campaign options which contains some information about your progress. Restarting the campaign may be required to make these stats completely correct.
- Reworked the layout of the planet invasion screen to make it fit on small monitors. Also added font size scaling.
- Made the Sling missions easier on non-brutal difficulties to better match the difficulty of nearby missions.
- Felon, Rackteer and Snitch missions are easier on easier difficulties. This is mostly achieved by giving the player more base defense and the enemies less early economy.
- Fixed the Snitch mission win condition.
- Fixed zoom to commander detection in Mission 0.
- Removed the link between the Stinger and Rogue missions.
- Added the eight maps required to instantly start playing singleplayer to the initial wrapper download.
- Rewrote the download tab UI. It looks much more reasonable and now supports actions such as canceling and reordering downloads.
- Replaced the download backend with a wrapper-based system. The new backend is strict about avoiding partial or corrupt downloads. It is also not dependent on the uptime of any one mirror.
- Removed the erroneous automatic download of several maps which are used for hidden missions.
- Updated Brutal circuit.
- Hide the Developer area of the Settings menu unless devmode.txt is placed in the root directory.
- Fixed units getting stuck when inside a resurrected wreck.
- Fixed COFC not zooming to startbox on commander selection.
- Fixed broken rendering of certain units nanoframes.
- Updated LoS loadscreen.
- Fixed a command menu crash.
- Added a more interesting Scorpion wreck.
- Fixed Dominatrix <-> defense ranges interaction.