Revert to Zero-K v22.214.171.124 in an attempt to exterminate the desyncs once and for all.
- Fixed vanishing nanolasers when LuaShaders was disabled
- Fixed nanospray to aim at midpos instead of base pos
- Fixed various issues with Ghost Site
- Fixed various 95.0 compatibility issues
- Fixed Flame Enhancer Module - doesn't stack for every other comm design in the battle that has one (counting multiple levels!!) and applies correctly for napalm artillery.
- Funnelweb cost 6000 -> 4500
- Fixed various units' hitvolumes.
- Fixed some compatibility issues with Spring 95.0.
- Removed Gravity Lift Attack.
- Reduced shield power to that of ordinary shields for the sake of consistency.
- Removed cloak from large drone.
- Added Stealth to both drones.
- Health 16k -> 11k
- Reduced drone spawn times.
- Fixed a crash with Russian localization.
- Fixed missing awards.
- Restore models reverted in Zero-K v126.96.36.199.
- Revert several gameplay features implemented or modified after v188.8.131.52 in an attempt to fix desyncs.
- Stunned Starlights stop working.
- Night view obscures fewer things.
- New menu icons.
- Fixed missing stats window in missions.
- Replaced "press Enter to search" in menus with a proper button.
- Improvements to blurry halo and factory panel.
- Fixed some key conflicts with inserting commands.
- Fixed the long-standing Licho jamming bug.
- Reverted some model changes in an attempt to fix desyncs.
- Implemented some Russian language support.
- Cost 280 -> 220
- Damage 220 -> 350
- Point marker events in chat are now clickable.
- Chat bubbles now off by default.
- Fixed missions being completely broken.
- Thanks to hmessadaa and mojjj for the report.
- Chili facpanel: Fixed bug when spectating and selecting the factory of a new player. Added sound trigger for giant eraser click (needs a cooler sound).
- Wreckages and other features are pushed out of factories as well; this fixes obstructions which prevent the factory from building.
- Thanks to sfireman for inspiring this change.
- Added a new "no Elo" modoption, for unranked games. Defaults to off.
It is easy to make releases when there is very little added since the most recent version. The changes are well understood and with the auto updater nobody is inconvenienced. It could be difficult to track the changes so here is a summary of the changes since v184.108.40.206.
We have a nice new endgame stats screen which fits with the rest of the UI. Currently it only displays the old stats but as soon as someone has the time it should be easy enough to slot new stats in.
- Impulse reduced to 75%
- Max Range 400 -> 300
- Reload Time 3 -> 4
- Damage 300 -> 400
- Projectile homes.
- Removed AoE
- Reduced missile turnrate
- Significantly reduced turn radius
- Health 920 -> 1100
- Reduced turn radius
- Disarm time 13s -> 16s
- Speed 7.8 -> 7.6
- Increased aiming speed to match the old Chainsaw model.
- Cost 7k -> 8k
Anti air now prefers to shoot at Bombers, then Gunships, then Fighters.
- Fighters crash closer to their death location.
- Fixed Chainsaw, Gauss and Amphib Factory hitvolumes.
- Fixed crash in Space+Click in context menu for viewing death explosion.
- Transported units increase teleport speed correctly.
- Fixed graphical bug in Teleporter wire.
- Feature-Unit collision now does damage to the unit as if it were in a Unit-
- Fixed Venom helptext.
- Tweaked Detriment animation.
- Update tooltip and helptext of Stiletto and Racketeer.
- Fixed Vulture script crash.
In this version we've accumulated more changes than would be expected for 3 weeks work. On the visuals front we have a new Chainsaw model by aiphee and many new wreckages by Kerr. The Improved Newtons widget by Wolas has been added with improvement and modification. There are some small tweaks to balance as well as more major mechanics changes.
The raiders for the Tank and Amphibious factories are now slightly more powerful although Duck lost it's homing. Archer has much better accuracy and reliability. Phoenix and Shadow have been buffed as part of the ongoing bomber rebalance. Krow is 10% cheaper.
The Shock Rifle, Disintegrator and Torpedo Launcher have been tweaked. SLAM Rocket has been reworked into a vertical launch weapon.
Scouting should be more 'interesting' now that we've blocked or nerfed some of the most powerful ways to scout. Athena has an increase decloak radius, Fighters have reduced LOS and Newton launched units have spherical LOS. Vulture has more LOS in an attempt to promote 'conventional' scouting.
Stiletto and Racketeer now deal their own kind of disable damage called Disarm. It acts exactly like EMP except that it does not prevent movement and units flash yellow instead of blue. If you're on the receiving end of a disarm attack you can choose to retreat or push onwards, this is better gameplay than a long EMP time Stiletto after which you can just sit back and watch your units die with chance to change the outcome.
The old Detriment was detrimental for FFA play so it now moves slower and hits softer. In addition to this air transports slow down when transporting very heavy units. A Vindicator transporting a Detriment moves at about 25% speed.
Venom - Gains some damage so it is easier to use vs Fleas
- Deals 18 normal damage in addition to the EMP.
- Cost 320 -> 300,
- Turret turn rate increased.
- Weapon velocity 260 -> 320.
- Turret turn rate increased 60%.
- Cost 180 -> 150.
- Has the old inaccurate weapon.
- Cost 250 -> 200
- Speed 2.3 -> 2.5
- Removed stream arc
- Significantly improved accuracy
- Added AoE
- Cost 400 -> 360
- Health 850 -> 920
- Speed 7.6 -> 7.8
- Cost 5k -> 4.5k
- LOS 690 -> 520
- LOS 790 -> 750
- LOS 1200 -> 1400
- Sonar 1200 -> 1400
- Increased maneuverability
- Decloak distance 50 -> 125
- Speed 1.626 -> 1.2
- Gauss damage reduced 20%
Transports move more slowly when transporting heavy loads. A Vindicator with a Detriment moves at about 25% speed. A Vidicator with a Bantha or a Funnelweb moves at 50% speed. Most other units cause the transports to move between 80% and 100% speed.
Gibs (flying debri from unit explosions) now deals damage. It was accidentally removed. This change most affects Blastwing.
- Cost 700 -> 600
- Disarm instead of paralysis (see below)
- Projectile homes
- Disarm instead of paralysis (see below)
Stiletto and Racketeer now use the disarm status effect. Disarm is the same as EMP except that it does not disable movement. This aims to make the units more interesting while making them able to be balanced. There is more player interaction when your opponent has the option to retreat the disabled units.
Disarm stacks with EMP. Any disarm damage dealt is treated as if it is on top of the EMP damage taken by a unit. A partially EMPed unit is easier to disarm and a partially disarmed unit can be disarmed with some EMP damage.
Slow damage now affects metal and energy incomes. It is now easy to implement this so I did so.
Ground units which are launched into the sky have reduced LOS which approximates a sphere. This is to nerf newton scouting
- Shock rifle range down by 10% (now 630)
- Commander Disintegrator reload time up by 12.5% (now 18 s)
- Torpedo Launcher reload time down to 1.2 s for 150 damage per second (+67% to DPS)
SLAM Rocket reworked to a vertical launch missile artillery weapon
- New name: "S.L.A.M."
- Very long flight time (8-9 seconds on flat terrain)
- Full damage on every unit in the 160-elmo area of effect
- 1120 damage per missile while reloading takes 21 seconds
- Scythe no longer smokes while damaged and cloaked.
- Fixed rare overhead icon movement stutter.
- Partially built and partially EMPed units no longer look fully EMPed.
- Fixed terrain texture black stripes. Added update speed limit which should significantly improve fps while scouting large pieces of terraform.
New model for Chainsaw by aiphee!
New Wreck models for:
- Black Dawn
- Chainsaw (The New One)
- Rocko (Replaces Generic Wreck)
- Scythe (Replaces Generic Wreck)
- Reef Wreck has been fixed
New animation for a firing Outlaw; the old wiggle has been removed.
Stiletto and Racketeer weapon effects are white to indicate that they disarm.
Kamikaze damage statistics have been added to the contextual unit description windows.
Shield healthbar is now blue. Jump reload bar is now red (pinkish). This is to cut down on the number of teal bars.
The Improved Newtons widget has been added by default. It has an improved UI which works nicely with the command menu.
SLAM rocket nerf:
- 17% less damage (now 680)
- 12% less range (now 750)
- New unit, the I Win Button (requires modoption). Good for speedy resolution of SpeedMetal games.
- New Gauss turret model, by Anarchid.
- Any cargo in a transport counts towards its Djinn teleport time.
- Blastwing description: Bomb Drone -> Flying Bomb.
- Fixed a crash in lag monitor that was preventing games from ending.
- Fixed a rare crash in the shield link gadget.
- Fixed Lups particles (jet flames, etc.) being duplicated when a unit is partially unbuilt then rebuilt.
- Thanks to versus666 for the report.
- Funnelweb requires unlocking to be built.
SLAM Rocket redesign:
- Reload time increased to 20 from 12 (+67%)
- Damage reduced to 820 from 1200 (-32%)
- Launch angle increased to about 65 degrees (22.7 times more)
- Area of effect radius increased by 150%
- Area of effect strength coefficient increased by 50%
- Projectile speed reduced by about 50%
- Games played on silly maps no longer affect Elo or Elo weight (they still give XP).