Clusterfuck inc. Issues I see in JJ:
- raiders don't scale
- raider role is subdivided to compound this
- There is no unit that is spammable in the mid-game.
- JJ requires more apm/attention than most people possess.
- JJ require a style that does not have much in common with other fac. You are required to specialise in it in order to be good, but JJ is only viable on limited maps
- Sumo is still too weak to pull late game.
- Moderators are role confused and weak.
- Puppies are a defensive unit, but require being on your opponent's side of the map to make effective use of grey goo (you don't want to be processing your own reclaim inefficiently like that).
- Skuttles break games. They are so unreliable but their risk/reward is enormous. I dunno... they piss me off XDPuppies and pyros:
Puppies are great on defense, and for reactively snatching opponent's reclaim fields. They do not scale well in numbers however due to not benefiting from Lanchester's law.
Pyros also scale poorly due to friendlyfire -> while they’re good in early game, they quickly lose their bite. To make this worse, pyros are a terrible defensive unit.
So on top of neither unit being good at scaling, puppies can’t be easily put into an offensive role, and pyros can’t easily be put in a defensive one. This makes the longevity of raider viability particularly poor for JJ. Ordinarily a raider force is as liquid, seamlessly moving to fill whatever strategic objective you have -> you can build them and know that even if they land in troubled times, you can keep them in reserve and they will become useful either in exploiting weakness or reacting to mitigate your own. Moderator is bad:
It counters assaults and riots that are dumb enough to walk into them, and it's flex AA, but that's not enough.
- It's got the health of a pre-nerf rocko, for over three times the cost.
- It costs more than most of the units it counters.
- It has enormous role confusion.
- Burst slow is good, but burst damage with a slow is bad. Are you trying to kill something quickly or draw out the fight?
- It's precise, but then is supposed to combo with place holder, which enables less precise weapons. Rocko or rogue would be far better at this roll.
- It counters assaults with burst damage and slow?! High health counters slow, and high health counters burst.
- It's general strength is low, but also its speed is low. It needs to meet the units its supposed to counter in order to be effective, but then has zero chance of maneuvering itself into a useful position to do so.
- It struggles to find a place in a game, and then when it does it's made redundant almost immediately. You need something to counter zeus, but a single sharp-shooter will guarantee you never make cost on this sort of engagement again.
- They are inferior to other skirmishers in a straight up fight due to range and poor hp.
Now I have seen moderators make cost, but it's rare, and usually due to the opponent conceding a major mistake. They're not good enough to do their job reliably, let alone contribute to the gaping chasm JJ has for spammable units. Firewalker
I disagree with your thoughts on firewalker. I think it's exceptional (outside of its retarded ai that seems to make it want to walk into range of stingers?). It's slow but inevitable. Sumo
I like sumo as it is with the graviton beams, but I'd like to see it even cheaper. It's a support unit, yet you can't afford both it and your force. It has no useful role at this cost. Make it 1300 and see what happens. No spammable units
It’s the only fac that has zero good spammable units. This might be by design, but it’s an enormously difficult factory to learn as a result. All of its units are highly conditional, and many aren’t even reliable within their roles. Skuttles
Fuck these guys. Amirite?