the name fits the unit perfectly, it's a bird that shoots thunders. It has a unique look and feel. The sweeping behavior looks nice.
ah, this is a thread about balance. Well then, thunderbird balance is HORRIBLE:
- it allows riots and defenses to be swept by the much faster raiders they're supposed to counter at a fraction of their cost
- a single thunderbird can disable both swarms of light units and heavies, including most striders
- it affects slow units much harder than fast ones because they're much easier to attack while disarmed
- it'll often do a successful pass even in the target is escorted by similar cost in AA
what could be done to fix?
- replace long duration disarm by short duration stun (3s) to be more effective against fast units relative to slow but tougher units
- reduce damage so it doesn't easily disable high HP heavies
- deal bonus damage to shields to keep the shieldbreaking role