I think cloaking is super valuable. The main thing holding it back is operator error and attentional requirements. If you fk it up, you'll lose 600 metal for nothing.
But it's extremely valuable. Especially in big team games where hiding your vulnerability is important. I'm not sure if it can have a multiplier value assigned to it, but particular contexts in which it shines include:
- Anything that's expensive that your opponent has the tools to kill. Think, hiding goli from ultimatum.
- Stopping arti from peppering away at your stuff
- Denying people reactive radar options
- 'Teleporting' your short-range high stat units to where they will make the most efficient trades
- Completely reversing the riot vs. skirmisher game
- Creating traps against mobile armies
- Getting off high burst attacks like roaches
- Reducing the energy cost of other cloaked units (they 'decloak' and are recloaked by the eraser)