Drive giant robots, build an army of a thousand Fleas, move mountains if needed, bury the enemy at all cost!
- Real time strategy.
- Physically simulated units and projectiles.
- Terrain manipulation.
- 100+ varied units with unique abilities.
- Singleplayer campaign.
- Challenging, non-cheating AI.
- Multiplayer 1v1 - 16v16, FFA, coop.
- Multiplayer online campaign.
- Really free, no in-game currency, no unfair multiplayer.
Fully Utilized Physics
Simulated unit and projectile physics is used to a level rarely found in a strategy game.
- Use small nimble units to dodge slow moving projectiles.
- Hide behind hills that block weapon fire, line of sight and radar.
- Toss units across the map with gravity guns.
- Transport a battleship to a hilltop - for greater views and gun range.
Manipulate the Terrain
The terrain itself is an ever-changing part of the battlefield.
- Wreck the battlefield with craters that bog down enemy tanks.
- Dig canals to bring your navy inland for a submarine-in-a-desert strike.
- Build ramps, bridges, entire fortress if you wish.
- Burn your portrait into continental crust using the planetary energy chisel.
Singleplayer Campaign and Challenging AI
Enjoy many hours of single player and coop fun with our campaign, wide selection of non-cheating AIs and a survival mode against an alien horde.
- Explore the galaxy and discover technologies in our singleplayer campaign.
- Face a challenging AI that is neither brain-dead nor a clairvoyant cheater.
- Have some coop fun with friends, surviving waves of chicken-monsters.
- Cloaking? Resurrection? Tough choices customizing your commander.
Casual and Competitive Multiplayer
Zero-K was built for multiplayer from the start, this is where you can end up being hooked for a decade.
- Enjoying epic scale combat? Join our 16v16 team battles!
- Looking for a common goal? Fight AIs or waves of chicken-monsters.
- Prefer dancing on a razor's edge? Play 1v1 in ladder and tournaments.
- Comebacks, betrayals, emotions always running high in FFA.
- Want to fight for a bigger cause? Form a clan and join PlanetWars, competitive online campaign with web-game strategic elements, diplomacy and backstabbing.
Power to the People
We are RTS players at heart, we work for nobody. We gave ourselves the tools we always wanted to have in a game.
- Do what you want. No limits to camera, queue or level of control.
- Paint a shape, any shape, and units will move to assume your formation.
- Want to spend more time on tactics? Use construction priorities.
- Want to focus on economy? Order units to kite, strafe or zig zag bullets.
Plenty of Stuff to
Zero-K is a long term project and it shows, millions hours of proper multiplayer testing and dozens of people contributing ever expanding content.
- Learn to use all of our 100+ units and play on hundreds of maps.
- Invent the next mad team-tactics to shock enemies and make allies laugh.
- Combine cloaking, teleports, shields, jumpjets, EMP, napalm, gravity guns, black hole launchers, mind control and self-replication.
- Tiny flea swarm that clings to walls?
Jumping "cans" with steam-spike?
Buoys that hide under water to ambush ships?
Mechs that spew fire and enjoy being tossed from air transports?
Carrier with cute helicopters?
Jumping Jugglenaut with dual wielding gravity guns?
Meet them in Zero-K!
Server update: Autohost and Ratings
- The ladders are missing many players and display unranked players as rank 2147483647. Will be fixed on the next downtime.
Autohost voting has now been streamlined to avoid long vote periods:
- Directly after each battle there is a 35 second discussion time with no polls.
- Afterwards, a map majority vote is called. Vote for one of two maps using Yes/No, the map with the most votes wins after 25 seconds. This will be extended to four maps as soon as the UI has been updated.
- Once the map is selected and if there are more than 6 players a start vote will be called.
- If the game hasn't been started, normal votes can now be called as usual.
There's also a new option to join small team battles. If there are more than 12 players in the big teams host when a game ends, players will be offered to join small team games. If a player declines he won't be asked again for 10 hours. The team games are created using a modified version of the matchmaker. People waiting in the teams matchmaker will be included if possible.
- Ladder ratings are now chosen such that the rating system is 75% confident that the player has at least that rating.
- Ratings now have higher variance, meaning they will allow for bigger changes between days.
- Ratings will change faster the more games are played.
- Fixed an error in the formula to calculate ratings from team games.
- Rating uncertainty has been replaced by standard deviation. The +- numbers shown represent one standard deviation.
- Fixed some user flags being incorrect.
- Prevent users from vandalizing empty autohosts by setting custom maps on multiple of them.
- Only count custom matches for Elo if the teams are even.
- Spectate afk players on game start.
- Allow anyone to call !spec to spectate afk players.
- Only allow allies to vote on in-game kicking.
- Abort MM battles if a player doesn't load in and ban that player, use !force to circumvent this.
- Reduce force start time from 180sec to 160sec.
- Fix autohosts getting deleted on every server restart.
- Add the logged in player to the end of the ladder if he isn't on it.
- Add a searchable ladder page with the full ladders.
- Make sure the Space Lobster rank is unreachable.
- Prevent an exploit where players could spoof awards and force start games.
- Fix XP not being given out for some battles.
- Disallow joining matchmaker if the player is still fighting in another battle and that battle has been going on for less than five minutes.
Zero-K v220.127.116.11 - Flea Nerf
- Range 155 -> 150
- DPS reduced by 7.3%
- Decloak radius 120 -> 200
- Put a cap on Space Lobster by setting a limit on the projected flight time of lobbed units.
- Halberd can no longer change armour state while disarmed.
- Improved the walk animations of the Cloakbots.
- Replaced the Hunter model.
- Hid the modoptions window in matchmaker games.
- Potentially fixed an undead Outlaw error.
- Chicken Queen health multiplier modoption can now be set higher.
- Reworked Into Battle startboxes for 1v1.
3v3 Tournament January 26th 2019
Matchmaker Maps Rotation
Comet Catcher Redux v3.1
Something old: Into Battle v4
Something new: Thornford 2
Something borrowed: EvoRTS-New_Iammas-v05
Something blue: Aurelian v1.0
The same changes apply to the teams MM pool with one exception - Comet Catcher remains a MM teams map.
All of these changes are now in effect except for Into Battle, which will be added to the map pool after the next stable fixes its 1v1 startboxes.
RSS feed | news archive