Drive giant robots, build an army of a thousand Fleas, move mountains if needed, bury the enemy at all cost!
- Real time strategy.
- Physically simulated units and projectiles.
- Terrain manipulation.
- 100+ varied units with unique abilities.
- Singleplayer campaign.
- Challenging, non-cheating AI.
- Multiplayer 1v1 - 16v16, FFA, coop.
- Multiplayer online campaign.
- Really free, no in-game currency, no unfair multiplayer.
Fully Utilized Physics
Simulated unit and projectile physics is used to a level rarely found in a strategy game.
- Use small nimble units to dodge slow moving projectiles.
- Hide behind hills that block weapon fire, line of sight and radar.
- Toss units across the map with gravity guns.
- Transport a battleship to a hilltop - for greater views and gun range.
Manipulate the Terrain
The terrain itself is an ever-changing part of the battlefield.
- Wreck the battlefield with craters that bog down enemy tanks.
- Dig canals to bring your navy inland for a submarine-in-a-desert strike.
- Build ramps, bridges, entire fortress if you wish.
- Burn your portrait into continental crust using the planetary energy chisel.
Singleplayer Campaign and Challenging AI
Enjoy many hours of single player and coop fun with our campaign, wide selection of non-cheating AIs and a survival mode against an alien horde.
- Explore the galaxy and discover technologies in our singleplayer campaign.
- Face a challenging AI that is neither brain-dead nor a clairvoyant cheater.
- Have some coop fun with friends, surviving waves of chicken-monsters.
- Cloaking? Resurrection? Tough choices customizing your commander.
Casual and Competitive Multiplayer
Zero-K was built for multiplayer from the start, this is where you can end up being hooked for a decade.
- Enjoying epic scale combat? Join our 16v16 team battles!
- Looking for a common goal? Fight AIs or waves of chicken-monsters.
- Prefer dancing on a razor's edge? Play 1v1 in ladder and tournaments.
- Comebacks, betrayals, emotions always running high in FFA.
- Want to fight for a bigger cause? Form a clan and join PlanetWars, competitive online campaign with web-game strategic elements, diplomacy and backstabbing.
Power to the People
We are RTS players at heart, we work for nobody. We gave ourselves the tools we always wanted to have in a game.
- Do what you want. No limits to camera, queue or level of control.
- Paint a shape, any shape, and units will move to assume your formation.
- Want to spend more time on tactics? Use construction priorities.
- Want to focus on economy? Order units to kite, strafe or zig zag bullets.
Plenty of Stuff to
Zero-K is a long term project and it shows, millions hours of proper multiplayer testing and dozens of people contributing ever expanding content.
- Learn to use all of our 100+ units and play on hundreds of maps.
- Invent the next mad team-tactics to shock enemies and make allies laugh.
- Combine cloaking, teleports, shields, jumpjets, EMP, napalm, gravity guns, black hole launchers, mind control and self-replication.
- Tiny flea swarm that clings to walls?
Jumping "cans" with steam-spike?
Buoys that hide under water to ambush ships?
Mechs that spew fire and enjoy being tossed from air transports?
Carrier with cute helicopters?
Jumping Jugglenaut with dual wielding gravity guns?
Meet them in Zero-K!
Zero-K v126.96.36.199 - Factory Loitering and Engine Update
Commander upgrade has its recent nerfs reduced, particularly at high levels.
- Morph rate 5/5/7.5/7.5/10/10/10... -> 5/7.5/10/12.5/15/15/15... per level
- Performance should be improved for many people.
- Allied units can loiter much closer to factories without being told to go away.
- The auto assist toggle sends constructors directly sideways, to save time.
- Added more tracks by Superintendent.
- Show Selection Rank by default.
- Improve RoI tracker and add a hotkey to toggled it.
Zero-K v188.8.131.52 - Down to Earth
Dirtbag hits slightly less hard and can no longer create very steep terrain.
- Health 580 -> 560
- Damage reduced by 13%
- Dropped dirt now has a slope limit (5x normal terraform slope).
- In particular, maximum thin spike height ? -> 700 elmos.
Conjurer is easier to find when area cloaking.
- Movement speed reduced to 66% while area cloaking.
- Area cloak cost 8 -> 10
- Jamming and area cloak radius 184 -> 175
- Decloak radius while area cloaking 184 -> 220
Ronin has reduced survivability.
- Health 420 -> 400
- Turn rate reduced by 15%
Reaver is worse at dodging and shooting.
- Turn rate reduced by 10%
- Range 270 -> 265
Mason is slower to slow down Rover expansion.
- Speed 72 -> 69
Ravager is tankier and better at hitting mobiles.
- Health 1920 -> 2000
- Projectile velocity increased by 5.7%
Minotaur is also tankier and better at hitting mobiles.
- Health 6800 -> 7200
- Projectile velocity increased by 2%
Krow bombs are easier to target and its laser now demands respect.
- Manoeuvrability while bombing 25% reduction -> 25% increase
- Speed while bombing is still reduced by 25%
- Reduced cluster bomb spray angle by 6.6%
- Increased laser fire tolerance by 10%
- Laser range 383 -> 395
- Laser DPS increased by 19%
Paladin is less manoeuvrable.
- Speed 46.5 -> 43.5
- Turn rate reduced by 10%
- Torso turn rate reduced by 10%
- Head turn rate reduced by 20%
Strike chassis gains a unique attribute at level 1.
- Added innate jamming with 175 radius (matches Conjurer)
Guardian loses the free battle drone as it is too powerful.
- Removed free battle drone on level 5.
Morph is slower but cheaper at higher levels.
- Morph costs 75/100/650/200/300/400/500... -> 50/100/650/200/250/300/350...
- Morph rate 10/15/20/25/30/30/30... -> 5/5/7.5/7.5/10/10/10...
- Basic weapon cost 5 -> 25
The most common weapons mostly have damage nerfs while Flamethrower has a buff.
- Beam Laser DPS reduced by 4%
- Light Particle Beam DPS reduced by 8%
- Disruptor Beam DPS reduced by 6%
- Riot Cannon reload time 1.63s -> 1.8s
- Riot Cannon range 300 -> 285
- Rocket Launcher projectile velocity reduced by 6%
- Rocket Launcher area of effect 96 -> 90
- Flamethrower DPS increased by 13.6%
Constructing your economy as a team is easier as shared projects now generate shared payback.
- Temporary payback for constructing mexes and energy is now proportional to the amount of resources spent on each structure, rather than only paying the owner.
- Mex payback increased 50% -> 80%.
- Energy payback increased 50% -> 60%.
- Energy maximum payback rate increased by 6%.
- Fixed a bug that caused the old mex payback to be closer to 35-40%.
- Fixed payback sent to AFK players simply disappearing.
Some units gain the Ronin Lotus-fighting AI and other units shoot less at hidden mexes.
- Added Lotus and running away on firing to Moderator and Scalpel.
- Ogre only shoots at nearby hidden mexes, not though at max range.
- Crab doesn't shoot at hidden mexes.
- Krow now skirmishes everything to avoid enemies walking under it.
- Tweak move clumping to be slightly more lenient for large units.
- Added a work-in-progress alternate music track by Superintendent.
- It can be enabled ingame under "Settings/Audio/Track list".
Zhurou (DRP) is a bit easier on Easy.
- Shifted Detriments later on Easy.
- Added an allied antinuke on Easy.
- Added a player Fusion on Easy and Normal (for some energy leeway).
Hibiliha (Funnelweb) is also a bit easier on Easy.
- Added Ultimatum temporary unlock.
- Hampered initial enemy income on Easy by removing backline mexes and the remaining Fusions.
- Thinned out initial enemy army on Easy.
- Improved Pyro firing animation.
- Ctrl+Click formation move now obeys current maximum move speed.
- Merged unit spotter widget improvements from rollmops.
- Adv Geo blast radius shows while placing Geos.
- Tweak the antinuke range lines to be slightly thinner.
- Placing a morphable structure with Ctrl held now queues the morph after completion.
- Antinuke now gains one level per nuke interception.
- The stealth tag is now supported for modding.
- Right clicking on a unit in a factory now guards the factory. This avoids accidentally repairing rather than assisting. Queuing a command after guard cancels the guard, so the common use case is preserved.
- Self destructing a large portion of your stuff now blocks the command and prints a warning, rather than automatically resigns. Note that resign is bindable for those that want it.
- Saved 10% or so of allocated Lua memory.
- Limited the commands created by large area attacks for performance reasons.
- Reduced the complexity of Dirtbag animation at high unit counts.
- Fixed overwriting existing guard commands with Shift sometimes not removing the command.
- Fixed Caretaker guard order dropping logic.
- Fixed rare build ETA crash for spectators.
- Fixed a crash for mods that try to set fractional stun times.
- Fixed some changes to the ingame menu for player based hosting (Skirmish and Steam Coop).
- Fixed a mixup in skirmish behaviour between 2D and 3D range.
- Fixed a value in the terraform raise/lower tooltip.
Zero-K v184.108.40.206 - Rogue, Reaver, Redback and Map Rotation
Ronin is a bit smarter.
- Steps away from Lotus while reloading (with Hold Position disabled or Attack Move).
- Updates aim direction more frequently to cut down on friendly fire.
Reaver has slightly less reach and manoeuvrability.
- Turn rate reduced by 10%
- Range 275 -> 270
- Projectile velocity increased by 5.5% to compensate
Phantom is easier to catch.
- Moves at 66% speed while reloading.
Rogue is costlier and a little easier to hit.
- Cost 125 -> 130
- Turn rate reduced by 10%
Thug requires more downtime between uses.
- Shield regen 14/s -> 13/s
Redback kills Glaive in three shots.
- Damage 70 -> 80
Pyro is tougher.
- Health 670 -> 690
Firewalker deals less damage.
- Direct damage reduced by 15%
- Ground burn damage reduced by 5%
Blitz is tougher.
- Health 1250 -> 1300
Emissary takes less time to pack and unpack.
- Gun turns 14% faster.
- Increased projectile velocity by 1.6%.
- Slightly lower arc.
Lance is less likely to be overshot by inaccurate projectiles.
- Lowered aim position.
Picket is no longer 1-shot by Rogue.
- Health 300 -> 340.
Zero-K v220.127.116.11 had some balance changes as well.
Rogue has a slower and less damaging weapon.
- Damage 345 -> 330
- Projectile velocity 190 -> 185 elmos/s
Outlaw is faster and deals more normal damage at the cost of slow damage.
- Speed 57 -> 60 elmos/s
- Normal damage 27 -> 30
- Slow damage 81 -> 75
The matchmaker map pool has been rotated and map bans have been reset. You can set your map bans by clicking 'Set Map Bans' in the matchmaker window or directly on the site here.
The following maps were added to the pool.
- Reptilian Battlefield
- Altair Crossing v4
- Rainbow Comet
- Eye of Horus
The following maps were removed from the pool.
- Dune Patrol Redux
- Desert Rumble
- Frosty Cove
- Trojan Hills
- Improved Impaler, Phantom and Tidal Generator animations.
- Added a reload animation for Phantom (to give it a reason to slow down).
- Added start boxes for Lava Highground and Pentos.
- Added start boxes for remakes of Emain Macha, Flooded Valley, and Trefoil.
- Fixed uninspired name for kamikaze award.
- Fiddled with garbage collection settings to improve performance.
- Optimised drawing for morph effects and removed some redundant tables.
- Increased thickness of antinuke coverage indicator, so it is harder to miss.
- Removed the unintended easter egg where units would occasionally swap skins.
- Blastwing cloak now breaks when the unit is launched.
- Reduced the linger of the map erase effect.
- Fixed the worst cases of units trying to shoot at underwater Amphibious Factories.
- Fix lights on Mount Dustmore.
- Fixed Spidermonkey web not rendering.
- Fix a crash in outline shader error messages.
- Fixed part of the cloak transition effect that had been disabled for engine compatibility reasons.
- Fixed geothermal vents not reacting to terrain changes on some maps.
- Fixed underscores causing issues for abuse reports sent via the ingame playerlist.
- Fixed inconsistent colours on team endgame graphs for spectators.
- Fixed ambiguous AI team names in AI vs. AI games.
- Fixed Missile Silo missiles not being removed from control groups as soon as they are launched (technically they only die after landing).
- Fixed a rare situation where command queues could be lost by adding a keybind to set units On or Off, then using the keybind with a selection of units that do not all have an On/Off toggle.
RSS feed | news archive