Drive giant robots, build an army of a thousand Fleas, move mountains if needed, bury the enemy at all cost!
- Real time strategy.
- Physically simulated units and projectiles.
- Terrain manipulation.
- 100+ varied units with unique abilities.
- Singleplayer campaign.
- Challenging, non-cheating AI.
- Multiplayer 1v1 - 16v16, FFA, coop.
- Multiplayer online campaign.
- Really free, no in-game currency, no unfair multiplayer.
Fully Utilized Physics
Simulated unit and projectile physics is used to a level rarely found in a strategy game.
- Use small nimble units to dodge slow moving projectiles.
- Hide behind hills that block weapon fire, line of sight and radar.
- Toss units across the map with gravity guns.
- Transport a battleship to a hilltop - for greater views and gun range.
Manipulate the Terrain
The terrain itself is an ever-changing part of the battlefield.
- Wreck the battlefield with craters that bog down enemy tanks.
- Dig canals to bring your navy inland for a submarine-in-a-desert strike.
- Build ramps, bridges, entire fortress if you wish.
- Burn your portrait into continental crust using the planetary energy chisel.
Singleplayer Campaign and Challenging AI
Enjoy many hours of single player and coop fun with our campaign, wide selection of non-cheating AIs and a survival mode against an alien horde.
- Explore the galaxy and discover technologies in our singleplayer campaign.
- Face a challenging AI that is neither brain-dead nor a clairvoyant cheater.
- Have some coop fun with friends, surviving waves of chicken-monsters.
- Cloaking? Resurrection? Tough choices customizing your commander.
Casual and Competitive Multiplayer
Zero-K was built for multiplayer from the start, this is where you can end up being hooked for a decade.
- Enjoying epic scale combat? Join our 16v16 team battles!
- Looking for a common goal? Fight AIs or waves of chicken-monsters.
- Prefer dancing on a razor's edge? Play 1v1 in ladder and tournaments.
- Comebacks, betrayals, emotions always running high in FFA.
- Want to fight for a bigger cause? Form a clan and join PlanetWars, competitive online campaign with web-game strategic elements, diplomacy and backstabbing.
Power to the People
We are RTS players at heart, we work for nobody. We gave ourselves the tools we always wanted to have in a game.
- Do what you want. No limits to camera, queue or level of control.
- Paint a shape, any shape, and units will move to assume your formation.
- Want to spend more time on tactics? Use construction priorities.
- Want to focus on economy? Order units to kite, strafe or zig zag bullets.
Plenty of Stuff to
Zero-K is a long term project and it shows, millions hours of proper multiplayer testing and dozens of people contributing ever expanding content.
- Learn to use all of our 100+ units and play on hundreds of maps.
- Invent the next mad team-tactics to shock enemies and make allies laugh.
- Combine cloaking, teleports, shields, jumpjets, EMP, napalm, gravity guns, black hole launchers, mind control and self-replication.
- Tiny flea swarm that clings to walls?
Jumping "cans" with steam-spike?
Buoys that hide under water to ambush ships?
Mechs that spew fire and enjoy being tossed from air transports?
Carrier with cute helicopters?
Jumping Jugglenaut with dual wielding gravity guns?
Meet them in Zero-K!
1v1 Tournament and Matchmaker Fixes
In other news, our lingering matchmaker issues have been reproduced, fixed and deployed. The fix of a few days ago was accidentally not deployed due to a database problem. Please report any issues.
Zero-K v184.108.40.206 - Balance update
Glaive is now slightly less cost effective, but their behavior is unchanged.
- Cost 60 -> 65
Welder was dealing a lot more damage than intended, possibly due to an engine update or fixed scripting issue.
- Cost 220 -> 230
- DPS 72 -> 45
Pyro may now be more effective in groups.
- Now avoids shooting through allies.
Constable is lighter as an experiment.
- Cost 160 -> 130
- Buildpower 5 -> 4
Seawolf escaped the ongoing sea changes:
- Cost 200 -> 220
Shogun has a respite from the recent nerf, which was a bit too far:
- Reload time 15s -> 12.5s
Zero-K v220.127.116.11 - Fancy shields
- Added fancy hex grid shield with a wobble effect on impact.
- Improved Ramp terraform tooltip to make it clearer how to change height.
- "Exit to Lobby" resigns. If you want to leave and reconnect, for whatever reason, go to Lobby (F11) and press Leave.
- Default to All Chat when you have no teammates.
- Added a button to the top left of the UI for defence range settings. Added a setting to draw scouted radar ranges.
- Updated Kamikaze trophy icon.
- Fixed some main menu tooltip bugs.
- Fixed some reconnection detection issues.
- Fixed low command visibility settings.
- Fixed Guardian steel skin.
- Fixed overkill prevention against targets which are regenerating or being repaired.
- Fixed various minor bugs an errors, especially relating to save/load.
1v1 Tournament 18:00 UTC, Saturday 5th May
Sign up in this thread: http://zero-k.info/Forum/Thread/25212
RSS feed | news archive