Drive giant robots, build an army of a thousand Fleas, move mountains if needed, bury the enemy at all cost!
- Real time strategy.
- Physically simulated units and projectiles.
- Terrain manipulation.
- 100+ varied units with unique abilities.
- Singleplayer campaign.
- Challenging, non-cheating AI.
- Multiplayer 1v1 - 16v16, FFA, coop.
- Multiplayer online campaign.
- Really free, no in-game currency, no unfair multiplayer.
Fully Utilized Physics
Simulated unit and projectile physics is used to a level rarely found in a strategy game.
- Use small nimble units to dodge slow moving projectiles.
- Hide behind hills that block weapon fire, line of sight and radar.
- Toss units across the map with gravity guns.
- Transport a battleship to a hilltop - for greater views and gun range.
Manipulate the Terrain
The terrain itself is an ever-changing part of the battlefield.
- Wreck the battlefield with craters that bog down enemy tanks.
- Dig canals to bring your navy inland for a submarine-in-a-desert strike.
- Build ramps, bridges, entire fortress if you wish.
- Burn your portrait into continental crust using the planetary energy chisel.
Singleplayer Campaign and Challenging AI
Enjoy many hours of single player and coop fun with our campaign, wide selection of non-cheating AIs and a survival mode against an alien horde.
- Explore the galaxy and discover technologies in our singleplayer campaign.
- Face a challenging AI that is neither brain-dead nor a clairvoyant cheater.
- Have some coop fun with friends, surviving waves of chicken-monsters.
- Cloaking? Resurrection? Tough choices customizing your commander.
Casual and Competitive Multiplayer
Zero-K was built for multiplayer from the start, this is where you can end up being hooked for a decade.
- Enjoying epic scale combat? Join our 16v16 team battles!
- Looking for a common goal? Fight AIs or waves of chicken-monsters.
- Prefer dancing on a razor's edge? Play 1v1 in ladder and tournaments.
- Comebacks, betrayals, emotions always running high in FFA.
- Want to fight for a bigger cause? Form a clan and join PlanetWars, competitive online campaign with web-game strategic elements, diplomacy and backstabbing.
Power to the People
We are RTS players at heart, we work for nobody. We gave ourselves the tools we always wanted to have in a game.
- Do what you want. No limits to camera, queue or level of control.
- Paint a shape, any shape, and units will move to assume your formation.
- Want to spend more time on tactics? Use construction priorities.
- Want to focus on economy? Order units to kite, strafe or zig zag bullets.
Plenty of Stuff to
Zero-K is a long term project and it shows, millions hours of proper multiplayer testing and dozens of people contributing ever expanding content.
- Learn to use all of our 100+ units and play on hundreds of maps.
- Invent the next mad team-tactics to shock enemies and make allies laugh.
- Combine cloaking, teleports, shields, jumpjets, EMP, napalm, gravity guns, black hole launchers, mind control and self-replication.
- Tiny flea swarm that clings to walls?
Jumping "cans" with steam-spike?
Buoys that hide under water to ambush ships?
Mechs that spew fire and enjoy being tossed from air transports?
Carrier with cute helicopters?
Jumping Jugglenaut with dual wielding gravity guns?
Meet them in Zero-K!
Zero-K v220.127.116.11 - Rogue, Reaver, Redback and Map Rotation
Ronin is a bit smarter.
- Steps away from Lotus while reloading (with Hold Position disabled or Attack Move).
- Updates aim direction more frequently to cut down on friendly fire.
Reaver has slightly less reach and manoeuvrability.
- Turn rate reduced by 10%
- Range 275 -> 270
- Projectile velocity increased by 5.5% to compensate
Phantom is easier to catch.
- Moves at 66% speed while reloading.
Rogue is costlier and a little easier to hit.
- Cost 125 -> 130
- Turn rate reduced by 10%
Thug requires more downtime between uses.
- Shield regen 14/s -> 13/s
Redback kills Glaive in three shots.
- Damage 70 -> 80
Pyro is tougher.
- Health 670 -> 690
Firewalker deals less damage.
- Direct damage reduced by 15%
- Ground burn damage reduced by 5%
Blitz is tougher.
- Health 1250 -> 1300
Emissary takes less time to pack and unpack.
- Gun turns 14% faster.
- Increased projectile velocity by 1.6%.
- Slightly lower arc.
Lance is less likely to be overshot by inaccurate projectiles.
- Lowered aim position.
Picket is no longer 1-shot by Rogue.
- Health 300 -> 340.
Zero-K v18.104.22.168 had some balance changes as well.
Rogue has a slower and less damaging weapon.
- Damage 345 -> 330
- Projectile velocity 190 -> 185 elmos/s
Outlaw is faster and deals more normal damage at the cost of slow damage.
- Speed 57 -> 60 elmos/s
- Normal damage 27 -> 30
- Slow damage 81 -> 75
The matchmaker map pool has been rotated and map bans have been reset. You can set your map bans by clicking 'Set Map Bans' in the matchmaker window or directly on the site here.
The following maps were added to the pool.
- Reptilian Battlefield
- Altair Crossing v4
- Rainbow Comet
- Eye of Horus
The following maps were removed from the pool.
- Dune Patrol Redux
- Desert Rumble
- Frosty Cove
- Trojan Hills
- Improved Impaler, Phantom and Tidal Generator animations.
- Added a reload animation for Phantom (to give it a reason to slow down).
- Added start boxes for Lava Highground and Pentos.
- Added start boxes for remakes of Emain Macha, Flooded Valley, and Trefoil.
- Fixed uninspired name for kamikaze award.
- Fiddled with garbage collection settings to improve performance.
- Optimised drawing for morph effects and removed some redundant tables.
- Increased thickness of antinuke coverage indicator, so it is harder to miss.
- Removed the unintended easter egg where units would occasionally swap skins.
- Blastwing cloak now breaks when the unit is launched.
- Reduced the linger of the map erase effect.
- Fixed the worst cases of units trying to shoot at underwater Amphibious Factories.
- Fix lights on Mount Dustmore.
- Fixed Spidermonkey web not rendering.
- Fix a crash in outline shader error messages.
- Fixed part of the cloak transition effect that had been disabled for engine compatibility reasons.
- Fixed geothermal vents not reacting to terrain changes on some maps.
- Fixed underscores causing issues for abuse reports sent via the ingame playerlist.
- Fixed inconsistent colours on team endgame graphs for spectators.
- Fixed ambiguous AI team names in AI vs. AI games.
- Fixed Missile Silo missiles not being removed from control groups as soon as they are launched (technically they only die after landing).
- Fixed a rare situation where command queues could be lost by adding a keybind to set units On or Off, then using the keybind with a selection of units that do not all have an On/Off toggle.
1v1 Tournament August 13th 2022
2v2 Tournament August 6th 2022
Zero-K v22.214.171.124 - Rogue and Lance
Units without personal cloak now decloak for longer after acting (firing, building, etc).
- Non-personal recloak delay 6s -> 8s.
- Non-personal recloak delay for proximity is still 3s.
- For comparison, personal recloak delay is 3s for actions and 1.5s for proximity. Units with personal cloak use the personal delays even when under an area cloaker.
Dirtbag is slightly less tanky.
- Health 600 -> 580
Bandit has a range nerf that may be overdue since the pre-aim update.
- Range 235 -> 232
Rogue is easier to catch and slightly more expensive.
- Cost 120 -> 125
- Health 540 -> 520
- Speed 57 -> 54
- Turn rate reduced by 5%
Claymore deals more damage at the edge of its area of effect.
- Reload time 3.2 -> 3.1
- Edge effectiveness increased to match Ripper
- Disabled avoid bad targets by default
Mace sight now matches the +25% weapon range rule of other riots.
- Sight range 407 -> 431
Lance is easier to catch when out of position, and is worse at hitting aircraft.
- Speed 52.5 -> 51 -> 49.5 elmos/s
- Turn rate reduced by 10%
- Range 1000 -> 980
- Vertical aim speed reduced by 66%
Gremlin has better damage for its cost and slightly more range.
- Cost 150 -> 140
- Range 700 -> 720
- DPS increased by 3%
Locust deals more damage but is worse at healing.
- Autoheal 10 -> 6 hp/s (still activates after 5 seconds)
- DPS increased by 4%.
Harpy can more reliably snipe riots.
- Range 350 -> 360
Phoenix is tougher.
- Health 900 -> 1060
- Added Curacao flag.
- Unit marker can now be enabled for Widow.
- Scorpion and Ultimatum are now marked by unit marker each time they appear.
- GG.addUnitSlow now handles overslow.
- Made circular map API more reliable.
- Fixed a GL4 shutdown error on old hardware.
RSS feed | news archive