That's why I said I have no personal opinion on whether loading screens should be tutorials or not. If You feel it's a good direction You have my full support. Those loadscreens look decent as I already said. Non tutorial-ones are in minority and look inconsistent. If screenshots are to be loadscreens than ALL screenshots has to be screenshots. If tutorials are to be loading screens than ALL loading screens has to be screenshots.
As for doing those, I already volunteered to do several things and I can't vbelieve You suggest me to that myself too. Is there a single thing that current Zero-K devs are willing to do based on forum responses? Because from several quotes of Yours:
Nobody had enough time and motivation to write a story for the campaign
Improvements to unit icons and other graphics is a matter of a motivated person putting in the work in this particular area.
In any case, this isn't a democracy.
...I start to feel like noone gives a damn. I started writing here because I expected a community driven project with several devoted devs hands-on-deck to push the project forward to perfection until it's Blizzard-quality or better.
When I initially volunteered to do something and instead of "hurray, we have some outdated 2d graphics and someone volunteered to make new, how can we help You make that happen, so nice to have You"
I got impression that You guys don't want my contribution at all and just want the discussion to end.
So what's the deal here? Is it a community-driven project or not? Is it alive and kicking or not?
I honestly want to help make some improvements (at least in areas I feel competent in) but:
- I want someone to cooperate with me, either by providing information I need when I need it, providing feedback, etc.
- I don't want meddle with any sort of programming or compilation. I will provide the art, implementing that in the game (after it's approved of course) has to be someone else's job.
So please tell me:
- Do You want my help or not?
- Are You willing to cooperate with me in making 2d graphics better (in ways I described above: providing information and sources, providing feedback to mockup designs I will post on forums and test versions of my art, implementing my art at the end)?
AS FOR THIS TOPIC which is LOADING SCREENS:
- I'm not currently planning to do loading screens myself. Maybe someday maybe not.
- I provided feedback and logical arguments, based on industry standards, potential marketing impact on the game and my own impressions and experience. Consistency, attention to details, good taste!