Loading...
  OR  Zero-K Name:    Password:   

Re: Qrow Drama and Fightorder

3 posts, 227 views
Filter:    Player:  
sort
10 hours ago
I'm making a separate thread for this as I do not wish to hijack the original context thread.

Some context

As for Fightorder: Fightorder's original purpose was not to actually divide the Zero-K community, although the VC debacle probably did that to some extent. Originally, Fightorder was a rename of the existing Zero-K tournament server. This was primarily renamed for two reasons:

  • Fightorder serves as a backup of the SpringRTS server and recoil-game wiki's. Fightorder was originally made to act as a vault for the information on the SpringRTS wiki as the wiki was going in and out of being up and we didn't know how long it would be up for.

  • Fightorder also still serves as the tournament hub for LR tournaments, and we wanted to rename it to something slightly cooler and Zero-K sounding. Additionally, it became the primary VC hub after some incidents in the main server that caused VCs to be disabled. At the same time, many members of the community at that time started voicing their disapproval with the way ZK, and by extension the discord server was run. I tried to stay impartial at the time, as we were still a very public community hub and I was then on the hook for the main VC community hub.

Needless to say, my goal from the outset with Fightorder was not to try to split ZK, or divide it's community, or to gain control of the game (although at some point, many members floated the idea of making a updated version of it, such as a Zero-K2)

This sort of opinion and group gradually spiraled into some sort of discussion of "Is Zero-K being moderated properly, and do we want Zero-K to be managed by the current devs in the long term", which looking back was an absolutely silly point of discussion as realistically the project can be copied as it is open source, and anyone could just... go make their own version and server. There was also a lot of talk of updating the infrastructure, but I think the general plan that was being discussed would be such a drastic change that the developers weren't really a fan, and looking back I can pretty clearly understand why.

Now, time to answer the question of "why the hell did JPrankQrow do this?"

and the worst part is I can't answer it. I literally don't even know why I started down this path at this point.

I think at some point, I was likely just frustrated at the community and developers for multiple actions that felt targeted, but almost definitely weren't. Many members of Fightorder wanted some change (it is not the fault of the members, none of them suggested I try something like this), and I felt compelled in some way to try to force that change without going through the proper channels first, for one reason or another. At some point I think I just kept going without regard for the community around me, even once the people who once agreed with me on various opinions started getting freaked out by how drastic my actions and words were. This is especially made worse by the fact I just made a previous apology post over other actions, but seem to have learned literally nothing from them. I feel like I've been in a constant downhill slide, like I'm looking at what I'm doing and I realize it's bad and just continually getting worse, but just keep going.

I think the real point of realization where I shocked myself back into reality was after my second follow up correspondence with GitHub recently where they offered to further investigate the repo and discussed potentially disabling it during the investigation. Needless to say, the implications of doing this would be incredibly damaging to both the game and it's community, and even if at some point in the past I was somewhat frustrated at the people running the game, this was simply a line I couldn't cross, because at this point, even if I really did believe in what I was doing, I would be hurting people who weren't remotely involved in what I was frustrated at in the first place.

I think this is all made especially worse by the fact that before all of this nonsense, I actually had a pretty good community and I had a lot of fun writing guides and running events, even if they didn't always go very well. I realize I have now permanently burned that bridge.

This all being said, I am very sorry for my actions against the developers and the community. Obviously no one deserved what I've put them through with this whole ordeal. I don't expect anyone to really accept this apology given the magnitude of the actions, but I would feel remiss if I did not offer one.

As I expect to receive a ban after making this post, I am going to close Fightorder. There may be another tournament server in the future if I am ever allowed to run tournaments again, but at that point it will simply be a Zero-K tournament server again, nothing to do with a wiki or Fightorder.

Once again, I am so sorry. None of you deserved this.



+5 / -0
10 hours ago
behold the potato comment! someone provide potato with context
+0 / -0


9 hours ago
The context is here: https://zero-k.info/Forum/Thread/40232
+2 / -0