Loading...
  OR  Zero-K Name:    Password:   
Title: Heldenstein's Battle
Host: DErankHeldenstein
Game version: Zero-K v1.9.7.0
Engine version: 104.0.1-1544-ge1f249f
Started: 9 days ago
Duration: 8 minutes
Players: 1
Bots: True
Mission: False
Watch Replay Now
Manual download

Team 1

DErankHeldenstein
Team 2

AI: Brutal (1) <DevCircuitAIBrutal64>
Team 3

AI: Brutal (2) <DevCircuitAIBrutal64>
Team 4

AI: Brutal (3) <DevCircuitAIBrutal64>
Spectators

Show winners



Preview
Filter:    Player:  
sort


9 days ago
Hmm strange that AIs didn't even build any factory. Seems like AI bug.
Anyway it is better to play LegacyAI (CAI) on this map because every other AI (variants of CircuitAI) goes pure air or gunships on it. Only EconomistAI is workable too, as it goes Striders later.
+0 / -0

9 days ago
As far as i know AI is loaded last, after map. Thus map must be bugged: generates heights too late when game is started and AI already finished its analysis.
Are there any other random generated map exists?
+0 / -0
Map generates heights immediately.
Btw AIs worked in other games on this map, like this: https://zero-k.info/Battles/Detail/1156876
So no idea why in this game they didn't.
+1 / -0

9 days ago
Oh, so map is not random actually.
You are right, CircuitAI doesn't feel good here. I didn't look thorough but AI has condition for minimum usable area, and looks like 4-way corridor is not enough to consider area as usable (<20%?).
+0 / -0


9 days ago
Any way to override the AI config AI-side or map-side?
So it plays 4-way as well as it did in that 11-way?
+0 / -0

9 days ago
I don't think there's an easy/fast fix.
If map-side change then map should contain usable area (preferably where AI starts) of no less than 20% of the map.
Proper fix would be AI-side, and it requires re-thinking what is usable areas and to what % should it relate to.
+0 / -0
quote:
If map-side change then map should contain usable area (preferably where AI starts) of no less than 20% of the map.

Changing map "usable area" by temporarily modyfing heightmap during game start is not a good option for me as it would probably screw other things.

quote:
Proper fix would be AI-side, and it requires re-thinking what is usable areas and to what % should it relate to.

Well I doesn't see the 20% limit having much sense as long as all metal and all starting positions are in that "usable area", which is the case here. And since the other 80% is acid water so it can be not taken into account.
Imho the formula should be (usable area accessible from AI position) / (all usable area on the map). Which would give 100% on this map as all usable area is accessible from starting position. (And it is all completely flat so all factories should be available)
+0 / -0