There are 2 standard widgets to show the metal and energy bars: Resource Bars and Economy Panel. If you use default settings, you're probably using the Economy Panel. You can enable the old Resource Bars in the widget list (Shift+F11 by default). The two widgets have different pros and cons:(Chili) Resource Bars (Classic)
++ Shows max storage
++ Shows net rates even if no storage
+ Warnings don't waste space
+ Shows metal & energy on top of each other
+ Shows worker usage
+ Shows net rates bigger(Chili) Economy Panel (Default)
+++ Shows wind strength
+++ Better metal excess flash visibility
+ Faster blinking
+ Energy storage text remains readable if energy flashes
To combine all advantages, I made the following two widgets:
1. Resource Bars widget with reworked flash animation (download here)
2. My own wind strength widget (download here)
: As a bonus, it also shows the wind change rate sign.
Both are hereby published under the terms of GNU GPL v2 or v3 but not later
. They can be used independently of each other.
To use my custom Resource Bars widget, ideally do the following: [Spoiler]
1. Put it in the folder "Zero-K\LuaUI\Widgets".
2. Start a battle.
3. IF you are currently using Resource Bars: Deactivate "Chili Resource Bars Classic 2" at the top of the widget menu. Navigate to "Settings/HUD Panels/Resource Bars" in the F10 menu. Remember the settings there. Deactivate "Chili Resource Bars Classic" in the widget menu. ENDIF.
4. IF you are currently using the Economy Panel: Navigate to "Settings/HUD Panels/Economy Panel" in the F10 menu. Remember the settings there. Deactivate "Chili Economy Panel Default" in the widget menu. ENDIF.
5. Activate "Chili Resource Bars Classic 2" at the top of the widget menu.
6. Set your remembered settings in "Settings/HUD Panels/Resource Bars" in the F10 menu.
To use my wind strength widget, simply put it in the folder "Zero-K\LuaUI\Widgets".