Here's the best strategy from yours truly.
This is secret tech, so don't tell anybody, ok?
1) Get a team that is keen to work together.
2) Spam units that are good value for money like Ogre or mass Fencer
3) support swarms of units with commanders and push early
4) Advance on the enemy as a whole group, not as cheap extras in a karate movie attacking the hero one at a time
5) Wait for the enemy to resign as you mangle them. Laugh as you pass their half-built roach ramps.
Things not to do:
1) morph backline commander while your pals fight out front
2) rush singu if you are a blue or purple player. That's lobster work; your skills are needed at the front
3) run your special project that involves making strder hub, then athena then storage silos and then sneaking athena to the enemy rear to create a secret base. The frontline will have long collapsed by the time you are halfway done. Save that for huge maps like Lost.