Campaign Feedback - Jumpbots, Nuke and Sea Striders

10 posts, 442 views
Post comment
Filter:    Player:  
sort

AUrankAquanim
24 days ago
(edited 10 days ago)

This thread is for feedback for the following campaign missions, initially released Sunday 24 December 2017:
  • Arteri: Unlocks Jumpbot Factory, Constable, Pyro, Moderator, Toad
  • Lalata: Unlocks Jugglenaut, Newton
  • Nashpvos: Unlocks Trinity, Antinuke
  • Rockbar: Unlocks Scylla, Reef, Strider Hub
  • Pendust: Unlocks Shogun, Strider Hub

Useful feedback you can give us includes:
  • Did you experience any technical difficulties? (If so, it would be great to get infolog, screenshots if appropriate, etc.)
  • What difficulty level did you play the mission on? (The options are Easy, Normal, Hard and Brutal.)
  • How difficult did you find the mission? (On a scale of 1-10 or something.)
  • Were the optional objectives all too easy? Too hard? (The aim is for each mission to have some easier and some harder ones.)
  • What were your biggest challenges in completing the mission?
  • Were the main objectives, optional objectives, and hints clear? Were they useful?
  • How enjoyable was the mission? (On a scale of 1-10 or something.)
  • Any other specific feedback about the mission.

Other Feedback Threads

[Spoiler]

Known Technical Issues

The starting Reefs, Scylla and Trinity in their respective missions start with a maximum stockpile of zero. You can increase the maximum stockpile as normal (click on the stockpile button).
+1 / -0

NOrankKingstad
18 days ago
(edited 16 days ago)

All missions on normal:

Arteri: The enemy jump bot com doesnt seem to to do anything besides standing still and jumping straight up when low on health? It feels like the AI knows where my defenses are before scouting.
Difficulty: 6

Lalata: Again it's like there are hints missing, I never knew you could jump in the air with jumpbots to stop them from crashing..
Mission doesnt particularly show off jugglenauts well as I dont dare to use them since it may make me fail the bonus objective.
Difficulty: 6

Nashpvos: Very fun mission. Ended up tacnuking the enemy super metal building thingy while nuking everything else. I tend to use shokley vs funnels, maybe there could be a tip about it.
Difficulty: 7

Rockbar: Enemy AI absolutely covered his side in torpedo defenses making me eventually somewhat ignore detriments and cover the sky in likhos and ravens : P Planes go hand in hand with reefs anyway.
Difficulty: 5

Pendust: Massively surprised how easy this one was compared to all the others. All you need is a little bit of scouting to find the super weapon and you're golden.
Difficulty: 2
+0 / -0

AUrankAquanim
18 days ago
I'll change the optional objective in Lalata to be "Don't lose any Jugglenauts before time X" and have a rethink of Pendust.
+0 / -0

CZrankTLama
17 days ago
First of all, I would like to say there is one major issue with any mission , where you have AI ally. While AI may be to some point able to find weaker points, where to attack, IT ABSOLUTELY SUX AT DEFENSE, meaning no matter what mission U play, you have to take care of the whole map, cuz AI is able to lose to a single unit, that is unable to counter.

All missions played on Normal.

Lalata: While in other cases, I may find mission hard because of absurd amount of micro/macro that is needed to win and then say to myself "well, maybe it just does not fit my playstyle", this is just badly designed.
Starting with 2 EMPed Sumos, I guess the designed goal is the save them by pyros and stuff thrown there by Newton-ramp.
Present that to any player, that never made a Newton ramp and he would not know, what to do. Then after few replays, he may be lucky and get there a con and a pyro... just at the time the first Sumo dies to FUCKING RAVAGER-BALL (about 30 secs in the geame). No way to prevent that in time, just purely impossible. Second dies just a moment later, so only option to protect the lab is to terra wall. Then yay, enemy brought arty, also Racketeers... sometimes these may be killed by fleas, sometimes they are covered by tanks, however there is Crabe a 2 Dantes lurking at the same moment near my base, so I have to split resources to protect it, Unable to make any progress near the lab. When it almost looks like the worst is behind me, shieldball of epic scale, Dante, Impalers, enemy com and whole lot of BDs are beating the shit of the few defences I was able to make near the lab.
Now what allied AI does? Nothing useful, it is not even able to stop like 1 hermit and 1 recluse from pushing... :P

Arteri: As I was not able to stop the cancerous spread of AI, I have just made insane porctress, some BBs and then two nukes to praise The Shiny One. I don't see a way how to win that with jumpfac.

Rockbar: Only due to the crazy eco, it was possible to kill all the defences and made some progress against Detris with enormous spam of subs, then raping everything with nuxies. Reef EMP is quite useless there. Making it in time to get bonus objective takes some agressivity, but otherwise it is quite fun.

Nashpvos: Yet another mission, where AI does not help at all and you have to maintain all the defenses. Mostly the funnels with Jack kills Moho on right and then there is no chance. When will be heavy defenses introduced? :P

Also for some reason my commander loadout does not work properly, it should have a Lighting rifle and MG, but got only basic pew-pew instead of MG.
+0 / -0

AUrankAquanim
17 days ago
(edited 17 days ago)

I've saved both Jugglenauts on Brutal, FWIW. I'll look into making it less punishing for non-Brutal.

I wonder if the allied AI does a worse job of holding up its end on lower difficulties.
+0 / -0

NOrankKingstad
16 days ago
Lalata reply: Aiming newton ramps is a pain but the nice thing with the jugglenaut objective is that you arent 15 min into the match when you fail it. All I needed to complete it was a single pyro as he disrupts the lightning spiders enough to wake one sumo so that sumo can save the other one. It IS a barely possible objective though. I barely noticed having an ally in that mission

Arteri: Just early expand to all northernmost mexes and queue a medium amount of porc, immediately send your com to take down one of the two enemy bases and coms while sending reinforcements that will catch up with him.
+0 / -0

EErankAdminAnarchid
16 days ago
Upon starting Arteri the camera was zoomed into the middle of the map for some reason.
+0 / -0

AUrankAquanim
16 days ago
(edited 16 days ago)

In the most recent stable AUrankAdminGoogleFrog had a go at making the Newton ramp more reliable, which might make things easier.

EErankAdminAnarchid had you been changing camera settings recently? I know sometimes strange stuff happens then.
+0 / -0

EErankAdminAnarchid
16 days ago
No recent camera settings changes. I'm using COFC, but it also seems to work in other missions.
+0 / -0

EErankAdminAnarchid
15 days ago
Another issue with Arteri: my commander (outfitted in other missions with flamer and heatray) has the heatray replaced by peashooter. This doesn't happen in other missions, so i assume this is because of the jump module imposed on it.
+0 / -0