Maybe ideal for new player (under construction). So please add something useful here. Also expand into ZK slang in general, not just abbreviations.
- AA - Anti Air
- anni - Lucifer (anni is from Annihilator, the old name) (heavy tachyon tower)
- AoE - Area of Effect (splash damage)
- avenger - old name for Swift (multirole fighter)
- Amph - Amphibious bots
- Air - Typically plane factory; rarely gunships.
- Bantha - Old name for Paladin
- BB - Big Bertha - the long range cannon
- BD - Revenant, comes from old name Black Dawn - Heavy Raider/Assault gunship
- behe - Cerberus, from old name Behemoth
- BW - BlastWing - flying bomb unit
- cata - Merlin. From the old name, Catapult. - artillery strider
- CCR - Comet Catcher Redux - the flat vehicle map
- com(m) - Commander - the starting unit
- con - Constructor - any mobile unit with ability to build stuff
- CS - ChainSaw - Long Range Anti Air
- det - (also detri) - Detriment (the largest strider)
- DDM - Desolator, formerly known as the Doomsday Machine - heavy defensive structure
- dgun - Disintegrator Gun - class of special weapons that need manual activation using "D" key - for example Dante's missile volley or special commander weapons
- domi - Dominatrix (capture vehicle)
- DPS - Damage Per Second
- DRP - Disco Rave Party - the superweapon
- Drop - A "drop" happens when units are loaded into transports and then "dropped" somewhere, like the enemy base
- DSD - Delta Siege Dry - a popular teams map
- E - Energy - the resource
- eco - Economy - all resource-producing units and buildings
- elo - a rating system used for balancing games basing on estimated players skill
- EMP - ElectroMagnetic Pulse - paralyzer weapons, can also be used to mean an air player using thunderbird.
- fac- Factory - building that produces mobile units
- FW - Firewalker (artillery bot)
- fus - Fusion Reactor
- Firepluk award - Named after the player Firepluk; When a player resigns very early into the game but ends up winning anyways.
- geo - Geothermal Powerplant or the spot where it can be built (also geospot)
- GS - Gunships
- golly or Goli - Cyclops, formerly known as Goliath (heavy tank)
- grid - energy grid - system of connected energy sources, part of overdrive. Structures are in the same grid if their "circles" touch.
- HLT - Heavy Laser Tower (Stinger)
- JJ - JumpJet factory
- Licho - old name for Likho (heavy bomber plane)
- link - to link disconnected parts of energy grid together OR to link shields together
- LLT - Light Laser Tower (the Lotus turret)
- lobster - a taunt for a player who haven't performed well in ongoing or previous battle(s).
- LoS - line of sight
- LV - Light Vehicles (Factory) - LV got renamed to Rover factory
- M - Metal - the resource
- mex - Metal Extractor, to mex the action of constructing extractors on untapped metal spots
- morph - to upgrade a commander or a geothermal generator
- moho - old name for Advanced Geothermal
- MT - Missile Tower (the Picket turret)
- nano - Caretaker nanolathe tower (static constructor)
- nap - to kidnap - usually "comnap" - capture enemy commander with air transport
- OD - OverDrive - overdrive pumps spare energy to metal extractors to improve their output, see economic section of the manual
- OP - OverPowered - something is considered too good for its cost (eg a unit/module/ability)
- owled - weak enough it might as well not be in the game
- pene - Lance. From old name penetrator. (hovercraft artillery)
- porc - (from porcupine) - heavy defenses, usually useless
- porcing - playing too defensively, not taking enough land
- PW - PlanetWars - the online multiplayer campaign
- plop (fac) - deploying your first factory, which is free and builds instantly
- rec - Reclaim - command to recycle units, wreckages and map features
- ress/rez - Ressurection (common misspelled version of resurrection) - ability to recreate a unit from its wreckage
- SD - Stardust
- singu - Singularity Reactor - most powerful, and most dangerous energy-producing structure
- Shadow - old name for Raven (bomber plane)
- shiny - huge explosion caused either by nuke, advanced geothermal or destruction of Singularity Reactor. Can also be used when a lot of bombs chain explode.
- skydust - Stardust on a terraformed spire
- Starlulz - Starlight
- stiletto - old name for Thunderbird (disarming plane)
- selfd - Self Destruct - usually meant as an encouragement to self destruct all your things using CTRL+A, CTRL+D keys to end the game; sometimes to self destruct a single unit for its powerful death explosion
- shield-ball - A group of units that have shields, usually containing thugs, felons, and possibly an aspis(mobile area shield)
- TB - Thunderbird - area disable bomber plane.
- terra - Terraform - a way to modify map's landscape
- Trollcom - Typically a disintegrator gun command with high movement speed.
- ubermex - a metal extractor spot with much more yield than usual (4+ while typical mex is 2)
- UP - UnderPowered - something is considered too weak for its cost (eg a unit/module/ability)
- Ulti - Ultimatum - cloaked anti-heavy strider
- Wubbernaut - A new player. Comes from wub (similar to nub) + naut (to explore).
- ZK - Zero Kelvin - the name of this game