This version includes some nice unit AI improvements and continues the ongoing sea rework. There are some major changes to sea and the Amphibious factory should fare better on land. The most notable sea change is the addition of a depthcharge hovercraft, the Claymore, and the removal of Scalpels underwater missiles. The Claymore is quite a silly unit but we may as well try out something !Fun! before sea has any balance which can be broken.
Added Claymore - a somewhat suicidal antiswarm depthcharge hovercraft. It fires Roach-sized depthcharges at short range with the hope that whatever it is targeting is far enough underwater to prevent it from killing itself. It does less well against surface targets. On land it is able to drop the depthcharge which will bounce around for a few seconds before exploding.
Scalpel can no longer shoot into water.
- Damage 230 -> 140
- Reload Time 3 -> 3.5
- DPS increased by 33%
- Range 280 -> 300
- Cost 150 -> 80
- Health 400 -> 240
- Speed 2.7 -> 2.8
- Damage 430 -> 230
- Health 1700 -> 1750
- Range 280 -> 240
- Health 1300 -> 1700
- Speed 2.3 -> 2.4
- Range 340 -> 260
- Reload Time 5 -> 4.5
- Has Crusader level AoE.
- Cost 400 -> 350
- Cost 700 -> 550
- Damage 860 -> 950
- Can target Hovercraft.
- Damage 400 -> 220
- Reload 5 -> 3.5
- Range 350 -> 330
- Repair Pads now drain energy when repairing. An individual pad has 2.5 Build Power.
- Cost 320 -> 300
- Health 320 -> 450
- Fixed script, it will now aim more rapidly.
- Updated description.
- Air units are now diverted to Air Repair Pads when told to retreat.
- Avengers use Boost when starting to retreat.
- Jumpjet units Jump when starting to retreat.
- Units skirmishing with Tactical AI now take height difference into account when determining how far away they should be from their target. Scallop now has different behaviour when underwater or on land to take advantage of its separate weapon characteristics.
- Zombie mode can be played on any map via a modoption.
- Active modoptions are displayed at the start of the game.
- There is a modoption to mute spectators. This mostly deals with accidental abuse as lobby chat is still visible.
- Puppy creation has a graphical effect.