"new zk build has delicious balance... it feels wonderfull to play the game" - Kyubey
The main purpose of this release is to broaden Vehicle play to units beyond the Scorcher and to fix Panther. With a range reduction it is much less able to kite raiders, forcing the Vehicle player to invest in other counters. Panther has been significantly reworked because the unit was never well designed in the first place.
Feedback on these changes has been good so it is time for a release! Panther may not be done but it is a lot better than it was before.
- Range: 310 -> 270
- Heatrays are more intelligent, when targeting they have an increased bias towards closer targets.
- Reload time: 2 -> 1.8 s
- Speed: 2 -> 2.2
- Impulse: 0.5 -> 0.6
- Reverted to old version as base for the following changes:
- Speed: 3.9 -> 3.7
- Damage: 160 -> 220
- EMP damage: 800 -> 500
- Reload time: 2 -> 3
- Has a death explosions with 256 AoE and 600 EMP damage
- Initial impact AoE: 72 -> 128 (to match ground burn AoE)
- Projectile speed: 320 -> 400
- Damage 400 -> 430, this makes it 1 shot Mexes, Scorcher and itself.
- Range 700 -> 420
- Light Particle Beam
- Damage: 40 -> 41 - now one-shots Fleas
- Range: 385 -> 330
- Cost: 100 -> 50
- Torpedo Launcher
- Damage: 180 -> 405 - one-shots Ducks
- Reload time: 1.2 -> 2.7
- Slow Beam:
- Range: 400 -> 450
- Reload time: 1.5 -> 1.40625
- Disruptor Beam
- Real damage: 250 -> 225
- Renamed to Conch
- Comm literal nametags can be turned off in options
- Edge Extension: Brightness can be configured when using realistic texture
- Fixed incorrect display of unit names in tooltip with non-English languages
- Fixed Core Selector buttons doing things even if moused was moved off button and released
- Wind output is displayed in the tooltip during placement.
- Added a numerical metal point display option.
- New weapon sounds for Scallop as well as Commander HMG and Shotgun (thanks Superintendent).
- New commander under attack siren sound.
- Unit selection, order received and commander under attack volumes are configurable through the menu.
- Fixed Hermit being referred to by its old name in the Spider Factory's helptext.